Fast Food Is Protestant?
(05-30-2009, 05:44 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 01:58 PM)Satori Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 12:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was told that men are needed to do the "exterior" stuff for civilization while women take care of the "interior." Too much of male influence leads to barbarism and too much of female influence leads to stagnation.

I think as a generality this is so true.

There have been a couple of conservative pundits who have credited women with being a civilizing influence. That's really only half the story.

What's the other half? Is it the part that comes in between the salad and the cake and coffee?

Well, in my youth I spent a lot of time in the society of lesbians. They were women, all right, but lesbian culture is not what I'd call "civilized." I've also spent a lot of time lately among stay-at-home mothers. Our society is "civilized" in the sense that it is gentle and hygienic, but something's most definitely missing. It's good for what it is, of course, but I wouldn't want to live that way all the time ... we spend waaay too much time talking about elimination-related subjects. In my opinion, beauty isn't born till men and women come together at least emotionally if not physically -- men and women inspire each other.  Ack, I know what I mean but need to stew on it a bit so's I can maybe put it a little better.
Of course... they were meant to inspire one another.  This is why feminism was always wrong.  If you  look into its history it was never about the straw argument of 'equal pay' blah blah ad nauseum.  Its roots are firmly planted in eugenics.
(05-31-2009, 10:10 AM)Satori Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 05:44 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 01:58 PM)Satori Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 12:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was told that men are needed to do the "exterior" stuff for civilization while women take care of the "interior." Too much of male influence leads to barbarism and too much of female influence leads to stagnation.

I think as a generality this is so true.

There have been a couple of conservative pundits who have credited women with being a civilizing influence. That's really only half the story.

What's the other half? Is it the part that comes in between the salad and the cake and coffee?

Well, in my youth I spent a lot of time in the society of lesbians. They were women, all right, but lesbian culture is not what I'd call "civilized." I've also spent a lot of time lately among stay-at-home mothers. Our society is "civilized" in the sense that it is gentle and hygienic, but something's most definitely missing. It's good for what it is, of course, but I wouldn't want to live that way all the time ... we spend waaay too much time talking about elimination-related subjects. In my opinion, beauty isn't born till men and women come together at least emotionally if not physically -- men and women inspire each other.  Ack, I know what I mean but need to stew on it a bit so's I can maybe put it a little better.

Yeah, I know. I wouldn't want to live in a world without men, either.  :)

But with regard to the art of the Sunday dinner; do you think this ritual is very important?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Yes!
Yes, it seems that this guy lives in a hole.
Hyper-individualism and a result of what started during the Industrial Revolution is not necessarily "Protestantism". Not only that, but you have to wonder why hell Japanese people have healthier diets than everyone else.

BTW, I don't eat fast foods that much at all. Actually, it's probably less than 10 fast food meals in the last 6 or so years.
I don't know about  the current definition of 'healthy diet.'  The secular left wants to replace sin with both the un-natural worship of and fear of food, just as they want to replace the worship of the Creator with just about anything else.

It may just be that the Japanese live longer because it's natural for them.
(06-02-2009, 09:41 AM)JaganshiKenshin Wrote: I don't know about  the current definition of 'healthy diet.'  The secular left wants to replace sin with both the un-natural worship of and fear of food, just as they want to replace the worship of the Creator with just about anything else.

It may just be that the Japanese live longer because it's natural for them.

But studies have shown that when the Japanese start eating an unhealthy modern Western diet, they start looking and feeling like unhealthy modern Westerners.  And when unhealthy modern Westerners eat a more traditional Japanese-style diet, you see reversals in health problems like diabetes and heart disease.   
Who funds these studies?

Not trying to give you grief---I used to work as a science writer.  Follow teh moneys. 
(06-02-2009, 10:17 AM)JaganshiKenshin Wrote: Who funds these studies?

Not trying to give you grief---I used to work as a science writer.  Follow teh moneys. 

Yes, sushi chefs and soy producers have entered into a dark conspiracy to undermine the West and wrest from us our Big Macs.  It's unconscionable!    :laughing:  I have to conduct studies, so I know how  things sometimes get skewed, but do you really doubt that abandoning a traditional diet for one high in processed foods which feature saturated fats, high fructose corn syrup, and huge amounts of salt would cause health problems?
Yes, I do doubt it.  And this is coming from someone who eats a sushis every Friday and loves vejables and sallids.

I doubt the sanctity of ALL foods, and it's far too easy to move from saying 'Cheeseburgers are bad for you and soy is good" to saying "No one is allowed cheeseburgers, only soy."

The food police have already done so in NYC and elsewhere.

Food sanctimony is something I cannot stand.  And there is definitely a concerted effort to replace the very idea of sin with eating in a certain way; we replace the Creator with the creation. 

To those who would legislate food products: eat what you wish and God bless you; just don't tell the rest of us what to eat.