"Don't Buy Any Food You've Ever Seen Advertised"
(05-19-2009, 11:41 AM)GodFirst Wrote: umm... I like juicy steaks from organic grassfed cows. I absolutely agree with the title of this thread but Our Lord Jesus was no vegan and quite something else. Even infallible Sacred Scripture says He ate fish after His Resurrection. Man is the only rational animal and God gave Man dominion over all physical creation being the reason for which He created it. God made the animals for us to ate, to use, etc. We don't have to and shouldn't be cruel to them but they are here for our use and our good. They do not have rights as they are not rational living spirits. When they die, they are gone. They have no personhood unlike us and the Angels. Their dignity is as below ours as our dignity is below God's.
As well science has given too much evidence that some animal food is necessary for human health. Animal vitamin A (retinal) is often not converted sufficiently by the human body from beta-caretine and the same goes for vitamin D which is produced by sunlight hitting cholesterol under the skin. And how many people are scared of sunlight these days with all the outright lies?
If you want the truth about our food, check out the Weston Andrew Price Foundation.

God bless in His Spirit of Truth

P.S. Please don't make up Commandments on your own.
This is an interesting thing...Seems like a common theme among meat eaters. But, you see, even as a vegan I don't care about the meat eating issue. It is not an issue with me. It's the old Romans chapter 14 thing
"17 for it is not eating and drinking that make the kingdom of God, but the saving justice, the peace and the joy brought by the Holy Spirit."

But, whether or not we should eat meat seems to be the distraction that some people like to bring up to avoid the real issue ay hand. I am well aware that it will be repeatedly brought again and again. It won't stop it. But, I will say it again. It is not about eating meat. It is about the condition of the planet, disease, global warming and animal welfare.

I think it would be fun to keep tally on how many persons come in and talk about how much they enjoy meat. Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Welcome to the fishtank - you will do fine here.  :)

This may be a bit off topic , but I haven't been kicked off of Catholic Answers (yet anyway.)  I don't spend much time there anymore though.  It's more fun over here. 
(05-19-2009, 08:28 PM)Joamy Wrote: Welcome to the fishtank - you will do fine here.   :)

This may be a bit off topic , but I haven't been kicked off of Catholic Answers (yet anyway.)  I don't spend much time there anymore though.  It's more fun over here. 
I haven't necessarily been kicked off. But, I have received a few  warnings. I am somehow under the impression that the people who run the sight have a vested interest in Smithfield farms/foods or something like that. It is alright for people to start threads about the (fictional) dangers of a vegan and/or vegetarian diet.T o make statements to the effect that a vegan diet makes a man efeminate. And even to go as far as saying that God WANTS us to eat animals. Which, I personally feel He is probably indifferent about it.

I think  I will peruse some of the other forums.

Bill