What's for dinner?
(05-22-2009, 03:24 PM)HolySoulsinPurgatory Wrote: and your husband will probably want to do the grilling anyway, so it divides up the work.

:laughing:

Doing all the prep work, making all the side dishes, setting the table, etc on one side of the equation.
Setting meat on a grill while drinking beer in the yard on the other side of the equation.

Hahahahaha.

Division of labor!

Hahahahahaha.
(05-22-2009, 03:32 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: :laughing:

Doing all the prep work, making all the side dishes, setting the table, etc on one side of the equation.
Setting meat on a grill while drinking beer in the yard on the other side of the equation.

Hahahahaha.

Division of labor!

Hahahahahaha.

didn't say it was divided equally...  a fish point for that one!
(05-22-2009, 02:47 PM)libby Wrote:
(05-22-2009, 08:54 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Making a weekly menu plan helps all of this stuff.  I promise.  We do it every week. 

I'm a bachelor for a few days while the lovely Mrs. WRC visits some friends out of town.  So last night, I had 3 hot dogs and 2 pints of beer, some leftover cole slaw and 4 powdered sugar donettes.   

If my children would have read the above, their only comment would be "Lucky."

Corn chips and spinach-artichoke dip count as vegetables, right? 

For the past 14 months- 3 weeks, and 1 day (not that I'm counting, or anything...), I have  been on the road, usually eating at some kind of restaurant.  Most of my meals at home, when I am home, involve the grill, although every once in a while, I do use my stove (or oven).

I'd kill for a home-cooked meal, that i didn't have to cook, nor clean up, afterward. 

Oh well... off to the snack machines- lunch is running a bit late today.
aw, Roy.....

:awww:
(05-22-2009, 04:25 PM)libby Wrote: aw, Roy.....

:awww:

Thanks, libby...  I'm patient, though.  I know that in two weeks, I should be back home.  At least that's what I'm told.

I just don't know which two weeks they're talking about, 'cause I've been hearing this for a while...for like the past 8 months, or so. ::)

:laughing:

My plans changed when I got home.  I found two hamburger buns that are about to spoil, so I used one for dinner tonight.  I took that tilapia filet and breaded it with my usual combination of bread crumbs/wheat germ/spanish paprika/ground mustard/garlic salt, then fried it in 1/4" of canola.  One slice of cheese, a quick mix of tartar sauce, a slice of fading lettuce.  It was my own little WaFish sandwich (like a McFish, but homemade.  Chicken WaNuggets are much the same concept).  Same leftover cole slaw and same 2 pints of beer.  I'm saving the powdered donuts for tomorrow.
More corn chips and spinach dip, along with some double bock to wash it down.

For dessert, some fudge grahams, with another double bock, just for good measure.
I sliced polenta semi-thin, fried the slices in clarified butter, covered them with powdered sugar and syrup and told my kids they were "corn pancakes."

They liked it but I get a FAIL.

I'm not in the mood to cook (or go to the grocery store) lately.  Le sigh.

(05-22-2009, 09:16 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: My plans changed when I got home.  I found two hamburger buns that are about to spoil, so I used one for dinner tonight.  I took that tilapia filet and breaded it with my usual combination of bread crumbs/wheat germ/spanish paprika/ground mustard/garlic salt, then fried it in 1/4" of canola.  One slice of cheese, a quick mix of tartar sauce, a slice of fading lettuce.  It was my own little WaFish sandwich (like a McFish, but homemade.  Chicken WaNuggets are much the same concept).  Same leftover cole slaw and same 2 pints of beer.  I'm saving the powdered donuts for tomorrow.

WaNuggets.  Walberg, you slay me.
(05-23-2009, 12:10 AM)Paloma Wrote: WaNuggets.  Walberg, you slay me.

He is quite comical...

I'm still wondering how you can tell that bread is about to spoil.  Is the mold not quite hairy?  ;D
(05-23-2009, 12:10 AM)Paloma Wrote: WaNuggets.  Walberg, you slay me.

:tiphat:

Texican Wrote:I'm still wondering how you can tell that bread is about to spoil.  Is the mold not quite hairy? 

Haha.  I should have said "going stale".