What's for dinner?
(05-23-2009, 10:08 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-23-2009, 12:10 AM)Paloma Wrote: WaNuggets.  Walberg, you slay me.

:tiphat:

Texican Wrote:I'm still wondering how you can tell that bread is about to spoil.  Is the mold not quite hairy? 

Haha.  I should have said "going stale". 
Oh. I though you meant it like my husband does. "About to spoil" means that there is still enough left to eat once the mold has been torn off. "Spoiled" means it's not worth it.

If it's not molded, I use the "going stale" kind to make bread pudding. Yum!
Bread that's about to go stale is good for french toast, too. Not sure about scraping mould off it though....  :o
(05-23-2009, 10:40 AM)Melita Wrote: Bread that's about to go stale is good for french toast, too. Not sure about scraping mould off it though....  :o

Agreed, but I've never made French Toast with hamburger buns before.  I can't imagine that it'll work well.  I have one HB bun left, I think I can resurrect its staleness by microwaving it for a few seconds with a wet paper towel.  Maybe resurrect isn't the right word.  I think I can suffice by microwaving it with a wet paper towel.
can people post there menus?
(05-23-2009, 02:46 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-23-2009, 10:40 AM)Melita Wrote: Bread that's about to go stale is good for french toast, too. Not sure about scraping mould off it though....  :o

Agreed, but I've never made French Toast with hamburger buns before.  I can't imagine that it'll work well.  I have one HB bun left, I think I can resurrect its staleness by microwaving it for a few seconds with a wet paper towel.  Maybe resurrect isn't the right word.  I think I can suffice by microwaving it with a wet paper towel.

Darn, WRC - you're about to make me cry.

When is Mrs. WRC coming home?

Or are you having fun reliving the "let's make the free condiments in the university cafeteria into a meal" days?

(05-23-2009, 04:03 PM)leome Wrote: can people post there menus?

Leome, I'd love to see that.

I look through the Sunday paper ads, shop accordingly, and work from there.

Cheaper, more organized, etc.

....in theory, anyway.

;D

(05-23-2009, 04:39 PM)libby Wrote:
(05-23-2009, 02:46 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

Darn, WRC - you're about to make me cry.

When is Mrs. WRC coming home?

Or are you having fun reliving the "let's make the free condiments in the university cafeteria into a meal" days?

Libby, the "Ragu Sandwich" never goes out of style.  Never.
(05-23-2009, 04:03 PM)leome Wrote: can people post there menus?

Here is what we do.  I take a piece of paper and write the day down the left side in a column.  Then we fill in stuff that's going on that week which might affect dinner plans: going to a friend's house, night school, etc.  No more than one day a week is at a restaurant unless it's necessary for schedule reasons.  Here is an example of our menu for the weeks of April 27 and May 4:

M Church golf tournament - No dinner
T Meatloaf, corn on the cob
W BBQ chicken sandwiches, potato salad
R Musgoes
F Trout Almandine, wild rice
Sa Meatball sandwiches, sauteed brussels sprouts
Su Smoked chicken, mashed potatoes, peas
M Italian-dressing Chicken, california vegetables
T  Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, tater tots
W Split pea soup, cornbread muffins
R smoked sausage and baked beans
F Boca Burgers, steamed broccoli
Sa Musgoes
Su Mother's Day

Some days have to get fudged around a little.  If we forget to thaw a chicken breast or something comes up at the last minute or whatever, then we might have to make a last minute switch.  There's always a couple frozen pizzas in the freezer to use in a pinch.
(05-23-2009, 05:44 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: M Church golf tournament - No dinner
T Meatloaf, corn on the cob
W BBQ chicken sandwiches, potato salad
R Musgoes
F Trout Almandine, wild rice
Sa Meatball sandwiches, sauteed brussels sprouts
Su Smoked chicken, mashed potatoes, peas
M Italian-dressing Chicken, california vegetables
T  Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, tater tots
W Split pea soup, cornbread muffins
R smoked sausage and baked beans
F Boca Burgers, steamed broccoli
Sa Musgoes
Su Mother's Day
Joe. You rock. That's a whole boatload of meals we haven't had in forever. The kids love meatball sandwiches, too.Thanks!
What's "musgoes"?

Res, how did your Friday dinner turn out?