What's for dinner?
2 cans of tuna tossed onto some french bread with mayo and a can of veg-all that I ate out of the can.
A cold Wendy's Crispy Chicken sandwich at 0100 at the nurses station at which we are not supposed to have food...yeah right!
(05-24-2009, 07:14 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: A cold Wendy's Crispy Chicken sandwich at 0100 at the nurses station at which we are not supposed to have food...yeah right!

I bet if you followed all the rules and did everything they wanted you to, you'd never eat or sleep.

(My mother's in health care; you have my admiration and sympathy.)
(05-24-2009, 09:04 AM)Satori Wrote: I bet if you followed all the rules and did everything they wanted you to, you'd never eat or sleep.

(My mother's in health care; you have my admiration and sympathy.)

I wish I could sleep...In Some state they get sleep breaks at night.  The ICU is too hoppin' for that though.  Tonight, dinner will be chips and those little juice cups from the pt night panntry ;D
Last night we tried ostrich burgers on poofy buns (orstrich farmers near my town, at a Farmer's Market) with a spinich salad, new white radishes and potato chips.  'Scarlet & cream ' ice cream (vanuilla swirled with raspberry) for dessert followed by strong coffee. Great summer fare! If yo uhave not tried ostrich, see if you can find some to try. It's a red meat with very low fat & cholresorel ~ kinda tastes like good beef with a hint of turkey. Yummy!  :eats:
(05-24-2009, 03:45 PM)NewCatholic Wrote: Last night we tried ostrich burgers on poofy buns (orstrich farmers near my town, at a Farmer's Market) with a spinich salad, new white radishes and potato chips.  'Scarlet & cream ' ice cream (vanuilla swirled with raspberry) for dessert followed by strong coffee. Great summer fare! If yo uhave not tried ostrich, see if you can find some to try. It's a red meat with very low fat & cholresorel ~ kinda tastes like good beef with a hint of turkey. Yummy!   :eats:
Cool. "Poofy buns" makes me smile, like this  ;D. I think I'll keep saying it all day. And ostrich, huh? You're a very brave soul.
OK it's not breakfast but I could not resist.  Dr. Campbell told Underdog one day after I had described waking up to him cooking chitlins years ago and how the house stank like shit, that "Chitlins and black coffee, that's a gourmet meal."

He was from Lakeside, Satori, which may explain it for you!
note to self: scratch 'chitlins' from grocery list...    ;D

Thanks for the spreadsheet, Scipio!
Today's 'dinner' (actually a Memorial Day BBQ) includes revved-up beans, cole slaw and tater salad,  pulled pork sammiches, and chicken sittin' on a beer can.  In fact, two of them!

;D
It's a cool day so I cooked - on a whim we're having a nursery rhyme-themed supper which consists of bowls of Pease Porridge with Muffin Man sandwiches, and Queen of Hearts Tarts for dessert.   :pazzo:

Edited to add: and to drink, iced tea served in Little Teapots