Gaining weight....
Oh I'm so sorry!  I should have looked.

Forget everything I said and go buy some muscle milk like every other guy ;)
Hahahaha! I tasted some of my brother's: no thanks!
Fruit and yogurt smoothies are among my favorite post exercise snacks. I don't have much of an appetite if I've been out in the heat working, but something cold and drinkable usually hits the spot. I usually frozen or fresh fruit with milk, plain yogurt, and a little bit of honey. Has sugar, fat, and protein (plus loads of calcium). You could also add Muscle Milk to it if you decide to brave the taste again.  ;D

As far as keeping weight on... good question. My metabolism is very fast, but I keep weight on reasonably well with my current diet, which includes tons of whole grain bread. Toasted up with crunchy peanut butter is always a good option. Cheap and easy, and has plenty of carbs, fat, and protein. Fiber thrown in for good measure.

Can't answer your more general question in great detail, but I hope the snack suggestions are worth your while at least!
Look at what you eat...

Dump the junk food, and eat some good food.  Limit the processed sugars, and assuming no food allergies, eat more nuts, legumes, grains, meats (unless you're vegetarian/vegan), and dairy foods.  You don't have to concentrate on any foods, just eat a varied diet.  Try to eat fresh foods over processed foods.
The changes aren't going to occur overnight, nor over a week or two.  It really is a lifestyle change, and you have to get used to doing it.  It probably won't be terribly convenient at first, but you have to keep with it, in order to make it a habit.

Now, if you want to gain weight, and you're exercising, you'll have to ingest more calories than you're burning.  If you don't eat, because you're not really hungry, you'll miss out on important calories.  You could eat a simple, high-calorie snack, so that at least you'll have eaten something.
For the exercise, that's up to you, just don't overdo it, or it can actually be detrimental to you goals.
You could try the Michael Phelps diet:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

:eats:
(05-22-2009, 12:43 AM)geogeer Wrote: You could try the Michael Phelps diet:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

My kind of diet!

That should hold me for a week, or so...
[Image: mcdonaldsfat.jpg]

Fattest fast food burgers, Noshtopia comparison [chart]

Fast food hall of shame

Top ten fast foods to make you fat

The 20 Worst Foods in America of 2009 (Men's Health)

Don't forget to wash all of this down with a Baskin Robbin's Heath Bar Shake.
America's Unhealthiest Drinks Exposed

Also fair/carnival foods, lot and lots of carnival food. I recommend the deep-fried Mars Bars or Twinkies (absorbs fat like a sponge!)

If home cooking is your thing, there is always Paula Deen. :pig:

:accolades:
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. (Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med).
(05-22-2009, 08:44 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. (Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med).

[Image: flounderanimalhouse1c.jpg]
(05-22-2009, 12:43 AM)geogeer Wrote: You could try the Michael Phelps diet:

No wonder he smokes so much weed  :laughing: