Lady, 22, from Kansas
Sex: Female
Age as of posting date: 22
Birthdate: July :)
Patron Saint by Confirmation: Officially it is Sarah, but I also claim Bernadette
Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): 0
Would you relocate if you met the right person? yes
EF, SSPX, both, or other? I currently attend an FSSP parish, but would attend any traditional Mass that is in good standing with the Church.  So, for now, not SSPX.
Novus Ordo if that's all there is? yes
Introvert or extravert? extravert
Keirsey personality type: not sure
Ethnic heritage: mutt of all sorts
Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? unimportant
Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? I suppose I'm looking for someone between 18-29 right now.  Age isn't important to me.  Maturity is.
In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I interpret it just as it's stated in the CCC.  Contraception is not to be used in any situation.  NFP can be used in grave circumstances.  If I get married, I will be happy to have as many children as God would bless us with!
What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home?The husband should be the head of the household and is responsible for spiritually leading his family.
How do you feel about women working outside the home? It is preferable for the woman to stay home if there are children.  But if she must work, then it isn't the end of the world.  However, often the mother would be able to stay at home to raise the children if the family chose to live simply.
How do you feel about women in pants? I do not hold negative feelings towards women who choose to wear pants, but I personally believe that wearing modest skirts or dresses is the best way to dress oneself as a woman.
Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you?  lust
What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? I chew funny, or so I'm told.
What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? devoted to God above all else, strictly Catholic, honesty, reliability, ability to be gentle, respect.
Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Going against the teachings of the Church, abuse, infidelity
What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? The base of a good and God-pleasing relationship must always be a shared faith and devotion to our Lord.
Political ideals: conservative
Education: Currently in college, will graduate with a Bachelor's degree in December.
Employment: Caregiver for the elderly
Health: That is a personal question.  You may ask after you get to know me.
Allergies: yes..another question you may ask personally
Smoke? No
Drink? yes, but I would have no problem abstaining from alcohol
Night owl or morning lark? night owl
How messy or disorganized are you? Sadly, I'm pretty disorganized/messy but I'm working on it.  And I have no doubt that I could care for a household and keep it clean if I needed to.
What makes you laugh?  ;) Funny stuff. I like cheesy, clean jokes, funny pictures of animals, and many other things!
What are the little things that please or delight you? The sound of children laughing, waking up in the morning and realizing you still have another hour to sleep before your alarm goes off, the feel of a puppy snuggling up against you.
What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? Raising a family and caring for a husband.
If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals? Becoming a nun.
Intellectual interests: I love learning about the anatomy and physiology of the awesome body God created.  I also enjoy learning about the patho behind diseases and how to help those who are ill.  Also, the history of the Church and the lives of saints interest me.
Hobbies: Arts and crafts, caring for animals, going on walks, playing my guitar and singing/songwriting.
Talents: what are you good at? I only have any talents by the grace of God.  I get good grades in school and can play a few instruments.
Top 5 Favorite books of all time:The Bible, The Way, CCC, Jesus Freaks, Man and Woman He Created Them
The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?:  The Bible, CCC, The Way, Home Before Morning, some book I can't remember the name of from work that I'm reading to a lady.
Music you actually listen to most often: Christian radio (rock, praise and worship), Country, some popular music depending on content
Favorite movies/TV shows: I love animated movies!  The Shrek movies, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Madagascar, ect.  I like watching almost anything on Discovery Health, 18 and Counting, most anything on Animal Planet.
Favorite foods: Corn on the cob, pizza, soda floats, most anything italian that doesn't include meat.
Serious pet peeves: Picking stuff out from under your nails, selfishness.
Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I have a shih tzu and a hamster currently.  I'm allergic to cats and can't live with them. 
Idea of a romantic evening: A romantic evening between a married couple could include a stroll together under the stars, holding hands and talking about meaningful things.
That is hard to read.
I know! Sad.  I didn't see that until after I posted.  I would suggest just click-dragging so that it highlights the pink text.  Makes it blue and much easier to read.
(05-26-2009, 08:29 PM)LoveOurLady Wrote: I know! Sad.  I didn't see that until after I posted.  I would suggest just click-dragging so that it highlights the pink text.  Makes it blue and much easier to read.

You can edit your own posts by clicking the: [Image: modify_inline.gif] on the lower right of the post.

What colour it turns really depends on the OS and browser I think :)
oh! thank you!  I will edit that now.  :) 
More Catholic babes! I don't know why so many FishEaters are still single.
(05-28-2009, 12:24 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: More Catholic babes! I don't know why so many FishEaters are still single.

It seems half are discerning vocations and the other half is married.
(05-28-2009, 12:45 AM)Rosarium Wrote: It seems half are discerning vocations and the other half is married.

Discerning a vocation doesn't mean that a person is closed to a relationship though, remember!  Part of discerning a vocation means being prayerfully open to whatever God might lead you to.  :)
(05-28-2009, 01:13 AM)LoveOurLady Wrote:
(05-28-2009, 12:45 AM)Rosarium Wrote: It seems half are discerning vocations and the other half is married.

Discerning a vocation doesn't mean that a person is closed to a relationship though, remember!  Part of discerning a vocation means being prayerfully open to whatever God might lead you to.   :)

Well, marriage is a vocation as well. We here seem to be mostly in the process. There are a bunch who have found it though. Some even are in the process. When reading the forum, I get the impression there are more married people here than not. Speaking of which, this sounds like a job for a pole! Or a poll, if ethnic jokes are bad taste.
Kansas REPRESENT!

Rock chalk!