Lady, 22, from Kansas
She hasn't posted in over half-a-year; and most folks don't care about a dowry these days: devout trad. girls are in short supply: we'll take 'em, even if there's no dowry. I haven't a clue as to your obsession with a "dowry."
Maybe he's just got so many women beating a path to his door, that he can start getting picky.
Perhaps. However, if that be the case, I would like him to oblige us single trad males by sending some of those beautiful marriage trad girls our way...
(05-02-2010, 01:26 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: She hasn't posted in over half-a-year; and most folks don't care about a dowry these days: devout trad. girls are in short supply: we'll take 'em, even if there's no dowry. I haven't a clue as to your obsession with a "dowry."

It's not an "obsession" and I have explained this thouroughly a few days ago in another thread in the "about men" subforum. You seem to have missed that.
(05-07-2010, 09:38 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-02-2010, 01:26 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: She hasn't posted in over half-a-year; and most folks don't care about a dowry these days: devout trad. girls are in short supply: we'll take 'em, even if there's no dowry. I haven't a clue as to your obsession with a "dowry."

It's not an "obsession" and I have explained this thouroughly a few days ago in another thread in the "about men" subforum. You seem to have missed that.

I apologise if I came off as "crass."  And I have read that thread. However, I find it inane to insist upon a dowry, when most young trad men like myself, have a difficult time finding a compatible young trad girl, let alone to insist that she come equipped with a dowry in hand.  I would surmise that insisting upon a dowry is one out of many methods that could lead to one possibly being dropped like a hot cake so to speak. 

Otherwise, you dwell in Portugal, do you not?
Are dowries still  relatively commonplace there? And are there many trad women there? I'm curious.
(05-17-2010, 01:54 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: Otherwise, you dwell in Portugal, do you not?

Yes, I do.

Quote:Are dowries still  relatively commonplace there? And are there many trad women there? I'm curious.

No, Tradition in every aspect is very diminute here. It's a sad reality, indeed.

As for dowries, if you read what I wrote, I always talked about them as being an ideal. I'm very well aware that things are extremely difficult nowadays, even to find decent spouses not to mention whole traditional families with prospects of good dowries.
(04-26-2010, 09:04 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: No pic. No dowry.

Slim chances.

Because looks and money are the most important things! Doesn't anyone marry for really good reasons, like to get a title?
(06-12-2010, 09:20 AM)Satori Wrote:

Slim chances.

Because looks and money are the most important things! Doesn't anyone marry for really good reasons, like to get a title?

There's little nobility left. The world is upside down.

Slim chances.

No manners. No tact.

Slim chances.
(06-12-2010, 10:34 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:

Slim chances.

No manners. No tact.

Slim chances.
:amen: