Make Your Own Deodorant
I might give this a try...hate the stuff you buy.

thought I would post.  :)
http://www.littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2...orant.html
That's really neat. I know I have teatree oil around here somewhere...
Wow, I already have all the ingredients at home :).  I might try this, sounds cheaper than fancy healthfood store natural brands.
Wouldn't it be a bit oily, with the cocoanut oil in it?
(05-28-2009, 03:38 PM)introibo Wrote: Wouldn't it be a bit oily, with the cocoanut oil in it?

Deodorant in the stores also contains oil.
Coconut oil is hard at room temperature.  It absorbs into the skin very quickly.  I would be concerned about it melting if your house is warm.  It starts to melt at around 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
(05-28-2009, 04:18 PM)Inion_Coinin Wrote: Coconut oil is hard at room temperature.  It absorbs into the skin very quickly.  I would be concerned about it melting if your house is warm.  It starts to melt at around 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

hahaha that would be a mess! Maybe store it in the fridge in the summer! Next to the beer!!!!
I tried this recipe and it works pretty well-better than many natural brands I have tried.  I didn't have an empty deo. stick, but I added the coconut oil and put it in a jar and just spread it on with fingers.  It has been very warm here lately, but it has not liquified.  I gues there is enough baking soda and corn starch to keep it together.
Ooh, I'm definitely trying this!  I "went natural" with my shampoo (using baking soda and vinegar rinses), and it turned out great, so I'm willing to experiment with the deodorant too.  Especially because I can't stand the white crud that my deodorant leaves on my clothes.  >:(
I guess if you already have the ingredients handy, but I'm a huge fan of the deodorant crystals. They last for absolutely ever, have no smell one way or another, and seem a lot less messy than smearing coconut oil and corn starch under your armpits. yucko  :P