Poll: What should we record first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best National Chain Fried Chicken
(06-01-2009, 03:51 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 03:21 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: Church's is an LDS operation.

Really?  Where did you find that information?

Well known within LDS circles. Chain is headquartered out of Idaho and fights every shopping mall to be allowed to stay closed on Sunday. Don't know if they still do the latter with the current recession.
(06-01-2009, 03:54 PM)DarkKnight Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 03:51 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 03:21 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: Church's is an LDS operation.

Really?  Where did you find that information?

Well known within LDS circles. Chain is headquartered out of Idaho and fights every shopping mall to be allowed to stay closed on Sunday. Don't know if they still do the latter with the current recession.

The last time I checked (about 30 seconds ago) the HQ was moved from Dallas, where it started, to Atlanta, where it remains, a number of years ago.
(05-31-2009, 10:48 AM)cgraye Wrote: I liked Roy Rogers.  Though I haven't seen them in a while?  Maybe they are gone?

Just go for a short ride on the NJTP
Golden Skillet, a dying breed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Skillet

sad.

[Image: 2643423845_ba98ea5f40.jpg?v=0]
Bob's Big Boy and their Pappy Parker fried chicken.  So hard to find nowadays.  I think the closest one to me is in Burbank.  I haven't been in years but it just gave me the idea for the baby's 1st halloween costume.

[Image: bobs.jpg]

(05-31-2009, 09:57 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Well I don't think it's fully national, but you forgot Bojangles.  For regional there used to be a chain called Golden Skillet in VA, perhaps Satori remembers it.  That was my all time fav fried chicken joint.

"Remember" it? Is it gone?
(06-02-2009, 03:30 PM)Satori Wrote:
(05-31-2009, 09:57 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Well I don't think it's fully national, but you forgot Bojangles.  For regional there used to be a chain called Golden Skillet in VA, perhaps Satori remembers it.  That was my all time fav fried chicken joint.

"Remember" it? Is it gone?

I thought it was because there are so few left but if you see my next post it has a link to wiki in which you will see there is at least one left in Richmond...next time I come out I'm buy'n
This is a toughie---I only went to Popeye's once, long ago, and can't remember if I liked it.

(Maybe not - if it was only once!)  :laughing:

It's easy to get sick of KFC, and we don't have any of the others.  I do remember something that was probably not a chain, and it was Broaster House---I think the chicken was pressure-fried like KFC, but it PWND.
They are all average. We do KFC more often because their sides are more kid friendly. I will have to say that I have never liked White Fence Farm.

On a side note, I love Paloma's signature!
Popeye's.  But there are none out here in WA that I've seen.  Actually, there's not much of anything except rain and hippies.  So I'm stuck with KFC.