Poll: What should we record first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best National Chain Fried Chicken
(06-10-2009, 02:32 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(06-10-2009, 01:45 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-09-2009, 05:58 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: But if y'all are ever in beautiful Kansas City, you really MUST stop by the famous Go Chicken Go.  Famous!

They are in every part of town where you don't want to be.  But delicious nontheless.

Oh, the one on South 42nd in KCK isn't in a paricularly bad area. I used to live right up the street from it. Very convenient. I LOVE their deep fried livers!

Oh, I longed for liver when my bun was in the oven. Pate and fried chicken livers sounded like the most delicious things ever, but liver is one of the foods forbidden to pregnant women. There's a very long list, you know. It gets tiresome.

Ahhh livers.  I love them.   You know my mom had a craving for those things sauteed in butter when I was on the inside.  She and I ate lots of that stuff.  Now it's hard for me to get enough, although I refrain because I'd like to live past 42 -- if I can.  If I kick the bucket early though I'll be pissed I wasted my time trying to be healthy on that count!

Here in Dallas Golden Chick serves them up
Oh man you shoulda just had some.  I'm no MD but ya know people been eatn all kindsa weird stuff.  The way I figure it, if your having a craving (unless it's to break open a Mg thermometer and drink) you should just go ahead and eat...especially while preg...Your MD never needs to know!

Have some next time ;D
The excellent news is that today I tried Williams Fried Chicken for dinner.

Williams seems to be mostly centered in Dallas with 2 locations in LA (not the lame city) and their locations seem to be in all the most colorful neighborhoods.  I knew I had come to the right place when upon entering I noticed the protective glass wrapped around the counter.  They sell livers and gizzars as well...another indicator of the right kind of place.  Then to top it off, this guy came in wearing super bright plaid shorts to his calves and bright red puffy sneakers.  This was highlighted by a mass of gold chains and wrist watches that would have made Mr. T proud.

Decent chicken but not spiced at all.  The corn fritters were great and the service was pleasant and pretty quick