Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
(06-03-2009, 10:11 PM)GodFirst Wrote:
lamentabili sane Wrote:I commented on something that was scandalous as presented. That is all I said.
"Benedict XVI" Wrote:A German theologian once said ironically that the miracle of a corpse returning to life -- if it really happened, which he did not actually believe -- would be ultimately irrelevant precisely because it would not concern us. In fact, if it were simply that somebody was once brought back to life, and no more than that, in what way should this concern us?

But the point is that Christ's resurrection is something more, something different. If we may borrow the language of the theory of evolution, it is the greatest "mutation," absolutely the most crucial leap into a totally new dimension that there has ever been in the long history of life and its development: a leap into a completely new order which does concern us, and concerns the whole of history.
And just how is that scandalous? I just don't see. For the very ignorant, I can see, but the average person meditated on his words they would understand what he's trying to say. It's quite clear. Christ's Resurrection is not just Christ coming back to life, that is,. the Glorious Resurrection of the Just is to an eternal Supernatural Life. How that is scandalous I don't understand. It's our Catholic Faith.

The scandal was/is not excommunicating theologians (German or whatever) that deny the Dogmas of Christ's Resurrection and the Resurrection of all men at the end of the world.

And quoting them?  Using evolution terminology? A mutation?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by lamentabili sane - 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM