Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
lamentabili sane Wrote:
GodFirst Wrote:Religious liberty properly understood with the principle of duties corresponding with right is a Catholic doctrine, namely, the holy Catholic Religion has liberty and no other religion does, because the Catholic Faith is Truth and no other is.That's not what Dignitatus Humanae says.
That's what you say. Please show where it says otherwise.

Quote:Have you ever read it?
Yes, and I can't disagree with this:
On their part, all men are bound to seek the truth, especially in what concerns God and His Church, and to embrace the truth they come to know, and to hold fast to it.

This Vatican Council likewise professes its belief that it is upon the human conscience that these obligations fall and exert their binding force. The truth cannot impose itself except by virtue of its own truth, as it makes its entrance into the mind at once quietly and with power.

Religious freedom, in turn, which men demand as necessary to fulfill their duty to worship God, has to do with immunity from coercion in civil society. Therefore it leaves untouched traditional Catholic doctrine on the moral duty of men and societies toward the true religion and toward the one Church of Christ.
[/quote]

Quote:
Quote:The teaching of Vatican II is almost verbatim the contrary of what was condemned.
Please explain how that is.
Here, from another thread:

lamentabili sane Wrote:
"McHugh and Callan, Moral Theology, vol. I. pp. 97,98." Wrote:292. Since rights and duties are correlative—there being a duty that corresponds to every right, and vice versa—and since both are regulated by law, the principles given for the apparent collision of laws can be applied to the apparent collision of rights.....

.....However one interprets Dignitatis Humanae, it doesn't say that.
That still doesn't show where or how DH doesn't say that. The contradiction has yet to be shown and explained to me so that I can understand it. I see nowhere DH says that human persons have a positive right to practice a false religion. It says this:
2. This Vatican Council declares that the human person has a right to religious freedom. This freedom means that all men are to be immune from coercion on the part of individuals or of social groups and of any human power, in such wise that no one is to be forced to act in a manner contrary to his own beliefs, whether privately or publicly, whether alone or in association with others, within due limits.
There is a mental problem with people who can get "right to practice a false religion" from "immunity from coercion...to be forced to act contrary to belief".

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-03-2009, 11:23 PM