Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
(06-04-2009, 01:46 PM)GodFirst Wrote: As far as I'm concerned I cannot see where DH ever says that human persons have the right to practice what is not even religion (namely, a false "religion", that is, one that is not Catholic). All human persons have the right to practice religion freely, that's why God creates human persons, but only the Catholic Religion is truly Religion. DH makes it abundantly clear that knowning the truth obligates the conscience to obey what it dictates to do as well as each and every person's and society's traditional obligation to God and His Church, which is that they are to enter into Her to properly and truly worship God in spirit and in truth. DH is also clear that men have the ability to ignore this obligation until they come to believe the truth of it's necessity, thus providing against invalid baptisms and faithless Christians, or need I remind us here that a forced or coerced (adult) baptism is invalid.
If others, trad or otherwise, can interpret something else from DH's words, then I have to say they are either ignorant or have an agenda.
The words of the document may be rash and/or ambiguous but I believe that is as far as it goes. And that is enough for heresy to be stretched out of it as it was planned.

"All human persons have the right to practice religion freely, that's why God creates human persons, but only the Catholic Religion is truly Religion."

This is NOT the traditional teaching of the Church. You are simply wrong here.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by lamentabili sane - 06-04-2009, 04:04 PM