Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
INPEFESS Wrote:
GodFirst Wrote:Exactly what it says it is giving a right to, which is, the right to be free from being forced or coerced into doing something that is against your conscience.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't imagine how joining the Catholic Church could ever be objectively opposed to someone's conscience. I never really thought about it I guess. But considering we are required to love and seek Truth, and we know that God wants to lead everyone to Truth, I don't know how union with the True Church of Christ could ever be objectively opposed to the conscience. No, we can't force someone to forfeit his free will (this would be robbing him of his gift from God), but... Well, I think you know what I'm saying.
It's not OBJECTIVELY opposed to any RIGHTFUL IMFORMED conscience. But consciences can be misinformed or taught error and believe those errors as truth. Any sincere Lutheran or Anglican would be an example (though I believe traditionally the Church has the right over such baptized souls to force them to practice the Catholic Religon). We therefore must consider non-baptized Muslims, Jews or Pagans then. These also can have an misinformed conscience from their parents. This all leads to the conclusion of the Church's primary offensive Mission which is to peach the Gospel of Jesus Christ crucified. The Church is to teach the divinely revealed truth, Divine Public Revelation, to such souls, thereby, fulfilling Her mission of saving souls.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM