Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
(06-04-2009, 07:03 PM)Borromeo Wrote: I guess I don't understand why a key element is always missed or passed over in the debate/argument over DH.  At the time it was written the Catholic Church and her members were being persecuted and denied worship by the Communist in Eastern Europe, particularly Poland.  There was a very influential Polish archbishop who had a GREAT influence in the writing and pushing forth of DH.  That certain archbishop is a hero to many in Poland because he put his neck on the line, literally. 

It is easy to sit here some 40 odd years later in the comfort of the grand ol' US of A where "freedom rings" behind a keyboard, having no concept of what it is like to be under a communist government.  For those of you against DH and Vatican II, I say to you, how short sighted and exceedingly arrogant you are. 

God Bless our Pope and God bless the Catholic Church. 

"how short sighted and exceedingly arrogant you are"

Yes, I see. Was Pope Pius XII also "short sighted and exceedingly arrogant" ... well, since he wasn't from "the US of A" I guess he was just stupid for teaching what he taught in Ci Riesce:

"Ci riesce" Wrote:Thus the two principles are clarified to which recourse must be had in concrete cases for the answer to the serious question concerning the attitude which the jurist, the statesman and the sovereign Catholic state is to adopt in consideration of the community of nations in regard to a formula of religious and moral toleration as described above.

First: that which does not correspond to truth or to the norm of morality objectively has no right to exist, to be spread or to be activated.

Secondly: failure to impede this with civil laws and coercive measures can nevertheless be justified in the interests of a higher and more general good.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by lamentabili sane - 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM