Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
(06-04-2009, 11:32 PM)newschoolman Wrote:
(06-04-2009, 10:43 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: What schoolman is trying to claim (I think) is that the norm of morality can be contrary to truth in the case of a man who has an improperly formed conscience. What he fails to consider is that all men are bound by divine law to enter the Catholic Church.

You think?  I said it clearly.  The moral law commands that an honestly erroneous conscience be obeyed under pain of sin.  Look it up.  The moral duty has a corresponding right.  Nobody forgets the divine law -- and, we are talking about those who God holds morally blameless for their honest error.  God does not contradict Himself by commanding and forbidding the same thing.  Man is morally obliged to adhere to the Catholic faith in conformity to his conscience.  In fact, if one joins the Catholic Church against his conscience (certain that it is evil, for example) then he violates the moral law and commits a sin.   

I have looked it up. It is wrong. And it can't be squared with Ci Riesce.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by lamentabili sane - 06-04-2009, 11:58 PM