Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
newschoolman Wrote:LS, you are turning a blind eye on the facts.  Moral theology has been clear and consistent on this point for ever.  I think you wilfully choose not to see it.
Could you please give quotes from sources about this right and duty to follow an invincible erroneous conscience. Because it makes sense to me. Why would any sane good-willed person do any that he truly believed was evil anyway? And is this truth not the reason why the Church has at least implied that it is possible for baptized non-Catholics (Lutherans, Anglicans, Orthodox, etc) may attain salvation despite not formally being in Holy Mother Church? I don't see how God could be so hard on a soul who has been taught all his life a certain thing (like, say, that the Catholic Church is "the Whore of Babylon" or something) and then not come into the Catholic Church because of that. L A did you really think that ever soul instinctively knows the divine positive law? My pre-Vatican II moral theology textbook by Fr. John Laux seems to say different.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-05-2009, 12:21 AM