Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
newschoolman Wrote:
GodFirst Wrote:Does this mean if I believe that the Novus Ordo is evil I cannot attain it in conscience?
No, that may be a problem for non-Catholics -- but as a Catholic you are obliged to form your conscience by the teaching of the Church (magisterium) and the certainty that the sacraments are Holy and spotless -- its indefectibility.
But we as Catholics though believe that they are not the Sacraments themselves but only forms of the sacraments. I can see that the new sacramental forms are at least apparently not holy and spotless. Yes, the Sacraments are and only can be Holy and Spotless. Where does the Church say that all the forms of the Sacraments are going to be holy and spotless. The new sacramental FORMS (NOT THE SACRAMENTS THEMSELVES NOR EVEN A PARTICULAR RITE) have lead to impiety and almost the whole sale destruction of our Holy Mother the Church. This is what my conscience tells me, for surely there is a cause to this Crisis and these present heresies. As well I see the fruits of the Holy Ghost being produced by the Society of Saint Pius X, but many others (but especially those who accept the new forms and most of all those who accept only the new forms) are devoid of the fruits of the Holy Ghosts, if not full of heresy and/or indifferentism.
I believe the Holy Ghost was guiding the mind of our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI when he wrote in his Motu Proprio "...sunt enim duo usus unici ritus romani.", that is, "They are, in fact two usages of the one Roman rite.". Thus the new sacramental usages or forms are not a Rite itself and thus not protected by the Council of Trent's canon nor the Church's indefectibility concerning the Rites used in the administration of the Sacraments. Tell me, has the Church ever declared that mere usages or forms are protected by the Church's indefectibility? And please give your source.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-05-2009, 03:05 AM