Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article
lamentabili sane Wrote:No. Baptism of Desire and Baptism of Blood are teachings of the Church. St. Alphonsus gives them the theological note of de fide.

Without supernatural Faith one cannot be saved. A man who hasn't the Faith, whether he is guilty for that or not, cannot be saved.  This is de fide.  If he is innocent, God will send him further graces so that he may be enlightened and brought to salvation.  Which is all that Pope Pius IX is saying.  In that place he is merely cutting off accusations of injustice or "unfairness" against God, having just laid down that there isn't any salvation outside the Church.  In other words, "Don't worry about the invincibly ignorant - they won't be left to die in that state.  If they are truly innocent they will be brought to salvation by God's light and grace."  That is, by His LIGHT - which means, by being granted the light of true Faith.  None of this was controversial when everybody followed St. Thomas, but between the liberals (or those deceived by them, like schoolman) and the Feeneyites, it has all gotten tangled up.
So are you saying that Supernatural Faith is equivalent with the articles of the Catholic Faith, that is, Catholic Dogmas? Can a such persons be saved by a Supernatural Faith which does not included an explicit belief in God's Triune Divine Nature? If not, then how did all the Old Testament Saints attain salvation? Or is God more demanding now after His Incarnation? I'm asking honestly.
I guess my overwhole question is: What is absolutely necessary to possess the Theoloogical (Supernatural) Virtue of Faith for adults, that is?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bishop Sanborn responds to the "rupture theology" article - by GodFirst - 06-06-2009, 08:23 AM