What is the highest virtue?
(06-02-2009, 12:12 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(06-02-2009, 12:05 AM)Rosarium Wrote: So sins are the proverbial legos?

Ya know, remarks like these make people (like me) feel less inclined to post.   

Sorry, it was a joke about the junk on stair cases as many seem to be familiar with the pain they cause when one steps on them. Your analogy was very good.
(06-02-2009, 12:14 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I guess I need a little more humility lol

Not at all. It was just a thought which popped into my head and I posted it. Being ticked off a bit at it is normal I think as I wasn't being serious. I usually try to think a bit more before posting, and I'll be careful to do so in the future.
Rosarium Wrote:Not at all. It was just a thought which popped into my head and I posted it. Being ticked off a bit at it is normal I think as I wasn't being serious. I usually try to think a bit more before posting, and I'll be careful to do so in the future.

All's well :-)
It depends on what is meant by "highest". If you mean "greatest", then it's Charity. If you mean primary and most important, then it's Faith. As far as "keeping you honest" and keeping you on the right path, humility may be the best. Humility isn't necessarily the definitive opposite of Pride. Faith, Hope and Charity are all just as opposed to Pride as Humility is.
Southpaw, thanks a lot for your informative post. I can see I need to go back and study how the cardinal virtues and capital virtues stem from the theological virtues.

At any rate, I'm glad that obedience is greater than humility! :) Obedience is an awesome virtue, and I feel like it gets underrated. Christ spent 30 years of His life on earth practicing obedience.
Etheldreda Wrote:Southpaw, thanks a lot for your informative post. I can see I need to go back and study how the cardinal virtues and capital virtues stem from the theological virtues.

At any rate, I'm glad that obedience is greater than humility! :) Obedience is an awesome virtue, and I feel like it gets underrated. Christ spent 30 years of His life on earth practicing obedience.
Just remember that Faith being a Theological Virtue is greater than Obedience being a Moral Virtue. And we can always increase our Faith, Hope, and Love for God (until death for the first Two anyway).