man lopps off own wee willey to protest
(06-01-2009, 10:21 PM)geogeer Wrote: :o sad

Now now, don't be so hard on the poor guy.  We all have our own shortcomings.

Well, he won't be coming anyway, short or long.
Ack!

Let's not get any bluer that this thread already has.  Save it for the tavern.  Fo' Shame
(06-01-2009, 10:21 PM)Rosarium Wrote: The question is, would the girl marry him now?

Well, I guess that depends on how wee his willey was. Maybe she never would have known the difference.

I do have to agree with you that marrying such a person now would put a lot of pressure on a girl. I'd be going through the house and hiding all the sharp objects.

- Lisa
indeed. i start this thread to tell the world about a wee will............i mean a wee lad who needs compassion and support. and what?
im in stitches
sip sip
that makes two...
(06-01-2009, 10:27 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Well, I guess that depends on how wee his willey was. Maybe she never would have known the difference.
With seriousness, barring medical treatment, he probably will not be able to be raise a family in that state. I highly doubt the girl would want to marry a person incapable of producing children. I also doubt the girl would marry a man who did this to himself, and especially so randomly.

(06-01-2009, 10:40 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 10:27 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Well, I guess that depends on how wee his willey was. Maybe she never would have known the difference.
With seriousness, barring medical treatment, he probably will not be able to be raise a family in that state. I highly doubt the girl would want to marry a person incapable of producing children. I also doubt the girl would marry a man who did this to himself, and especially so randomly.

Oh, I agree! I wouldn't marry him. But they could adopt perhaps? I don't know. I'm not up on "conservative" Southern Egyptian customs. Do we know what religion he was? I'm assuming he's not Catholic. I am wondering (not to get too far off topic), if a man was rendered impotent or if he lost his member due to an accident, could he get married in the Church?

- Lisa
(06-01-2009, 10:48 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Oh, I agree! I wouldn't marry him.
He does have a plus though. When he gets abusive, it is with himself, not others.

Quote: But they could adopt perhaps? I don't know. I'm not up on "conservative" Southern Egyptian customs. Do we know what religion he was? I'm assuming he's not Catholic. I am wondering (not to get too far off topic),

Statistically, probably Muslim.

Quote:if a man was rendered impotent or if he lost his member due to an accident, could he get married in the Church?

- Lisa

Usually not.
Sterile, yes. Impotent, no. In marriage the two 'become one flesh.' The physical aspect is as important as spiritual ones for a valid marriage. Despite false accusations of negativity towards non-spiritual things, Catholicism is a very sensual religion, in every sense.
suprised the Doc hasn't commented.
Doc.
what say you?
sip sip