The Iron Gym
So I was thinking about purchasing the Iron Gym. Has anyone heard of it? They have an Iron Gym and Iron Gym Extreme, the latter supposedly being more professional, etc.
If that works, that looks very useful. Pullups are a very beneficial exercise.

If you do get it, let us know.

I would recommend the simplest one, as complex exercise bars are not worth the extra money. Doing shoulder with palms forward pullups will work except for highly specific goals. If one needs some variety, hang from a towel.
Reading Amazon reviews, usually a very good way to get honest feedback, leads me to believe it is a good deal. A pullup bar is a pullup bar. It just has to work. From the reviews, it works very well.

I may get one.. due to my limited space, this looks very handy. I have a pullup bar in the basement, but is hardly portable.

EDIT: It is a pullup bar. It is not a "pushup" bar or a thing to help with situps despite the little ad.
(06-03-2009, 12:02 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Reading Amazon reviews, usually a very good way to get honest feedback, leads me to believe it is a good deal. A pullup bar is a pullup bar. It just has to work. From the reviews, it works very well.

I may get one.. due to my limited space, this looks very handy. I have a pullup bar in the basement, but is hardly portable.

EDIT: It is a pullup bar. It is not a "pushup" bar or a thing to help with situps despite the little ad.

I have almost the exact same bar (different brand).  You're right in that it's purpose is pullups, which aren't really possible, at home, any other way.  But it does work as a pushup bar if you lay it on the floor.  As far as sit ups go, you get the same effect putting your feet under the couch.

(06-03-2009, 10:19 AM)Tiny Wrote: I have almost the exact same bar (different brand).  You're right in that it's purpose is pullups, which aren't really possible, at home, any other way.
Actually, most homes do have means of doing pullups. Pullups on doors are a good variation in their own right.

Quote:But it does work as a pushup bar if you lay it on the floor.  As far as sit ups go, you get the same effect putting your feet under the couch.

Well, almost anything can be used for those purposes. Situps should be done without the feed supported, otherwise, it is just a hip flexor exercise which tightens the hips and helps further bad posture.
Thanks for alerting me to this product. It looks like a really good deal.
This looks really cool, but I'd be terrified of using it on my molding. I have an 85 year old house and I think it'd destroy it... :(