What Did You Crave When Pregnant?
I would trade my right arm for a really good gyro right now. The closest place I would even consider going is over an hour away. This craving will not go away and I have no reason to head the way of my favorite Greek restaurant except to go there.

What did you crave?
Do you have a mideastern section of town? In their markets, you can usually get gyro meat, greek yoghurt, pita, etc.
I usually crave california-mexican, like fajitas.
Tomatoes.
My sister was just telling me last night that she craved watermelon and KFC.
Quote:What did you crave?

The ability to eat. When I could eat it was usually protein.
leome Wrote:What did you crave?

mom Wrote:The ability to eat.

Ha! Same here. Everything made me sick. Even the mere thought of eating made sick. Especially bananas.
I threw away a TON of frozen meals that I had spent weeks in preparing....really good stuff, like different parmigiana dishes, stews, all sorts of stuff, because they all tasted spoiled...like really rotten. 

........!

as far as cravings.........oh.

I craved...desperately, night and day..... the ham crepes with mustard sauce from the Magic Pan.

Magic Pan has been closed...oh, I'm guessing 20 years by then? I posted on recipe forums, wrote letters......nothing.

Finally found a Magic Pan group last year, and made them.

5 years too late, but I made them.

The  only other weird craving was Arby's sandwiches....couldn't get enough.Or, veggie subs.... guaranteed to come back up again within the half hour, but I couldn't resist.

Leome.... make the trip anyway, if you can -

explain to the owners that you're pregnant, and see if they'll sell you all the gyro stuff ( meat, yogurt sauce, etc) seperately ( like enough ingredients for a week or two) so that you can put together your gyros at home.

I take food cravings seriously.....

....don't mess with a big ol' pregnant woman and her cravings.

;D
(06-05-2009, 04:45 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
leome Wrote:What did you crave?

mom Wrote:The ability to eat.

Ha! Same here. Everything made me sick. Even the mere thought of eating made sick. Especially bananas.
:laughing: Me, three.The worst was the smell of coffee.
I craved meat and fat. Together. So I was a regular patron at McD's.

Mmmmmmm, gryo's..... There's a diner right up the road from where I live. I always order their "Gyro Supreme". Deeeee-lish. (Don't know if it's "authentic" or not, but tasty nonetheless).