What Did You Crave When Pregnant?
(06-05-2009, 02:35 PM)leome Wrote: I would trade my right arm for a really good gyro right now. The closest place I would even consider going is over an hour away. This craving will not go away and I have no reason to head the way of my favorite Greek restaurant except to go there.

What did you crave?

Send your husband out for it, it's his Paternal duty to go and get it for you.

What did I crave? For to be off my feet.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
1st pregnancy - Red meat.  Luckily I was head waitress at a steakhouse so I got all the prime rib I could eat.

2nd pregnancy - Most smells nauseated me and I had a super powered nose.  I puked everytime I opened my fridge but everyone swore they couldn't smell anything. 

Carbs and sugar made me sick but I craved soba and udon noodle soups and seaweed salad.  I also lived on Cobb salads.  Actually, I lived mainly on salads.  I would be happy with a big bowl full of greens (especially arugula) with tomatoes, shaved parm, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

3rd pregnancy - Carbs and sweets still made me ill but not as bad.  I would get a craving for something sweet, eat or drink it, and then pay the price afterwards.  I craved mainly iced tea, lemonade, daifuku, pickles, tacos, falafels, fish, and anchovies on everything.  I also ate an entire package of nori (seaweed) on several occasions.
Pregnancy #5: Lemons and anything sour.  And red meat.

Pregnancy #4: Lemonade.  And red meat.

Pregnancy #3: Not-rice.  And red meat.

Pregnancy #2: Not-curry and not-rice.  I didn't like food.  Except for red meat.

Pregnancy #:1: Rice.  And red meat.

I tend to be anemic, and red meat is something I always crave.
When UD was preg the first time, she made us eat out for breakfast, always a full american breafast at some place like Original Pancake House, or some such...usual was Corned beef hash with eggs once over med mixed up, and pancakes.

Lunch was always something like a super big burger some place. 

And dinner was always out at some steak restaurant.  Then there were snacks.

I knew UD was preg the first two times 'cause she was acting like an ass.  I said, "are you pregnant?"  Boy was she pissed..."I think I'd know if I were pregnant.",  "OK"

The tests and children proved otherwise.

This last time she starts talking about wanting sliced tomatoes with tobasco sauce..."Are you pregnant?",  "No, I think I'd know if I were pregnant."...."Yeah."
Pregnancy no. 1: Grapefruit

Pregnancy no. 2: spinach (curious thing was my iron levels have never been an issue)

Pregnancy no 3: chips and salsa

pregnancy no. 4 Haagan Daz Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Y'all are making me hungry.
Pasta. And anything sweet. These helped dull the nausea a little.  :)

You know what made me really sick? The smell of apple potpourri. I had to smell that every day while at work during my first pregnancy. To this day, the smell of it makes me a little sick.  :laughing:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

I just remember that with my 1st, when I could barely keep anything at all down for the first 5 months, I craved, and could usually stomach, fries and a chocolate shake from McDonald's. My mother-in-law was not pleased!
And Katherine not wanting to eat rice while pregnant is always difficult, since we live in Japan. ;)
You know what's nice on the tummy? Ginger candy.  The Asian market in my area sells ginger candies. Ginger really does help with nausea. Maybe they sell this in Japan. Probably they do.  It helped me, anyway.  :)
[Image: GingerCandyTins.jpg]