Thoughts on going to the NO
(06-15-2009, 07:06 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-15-2009, 07:02 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: I guess Pope Leo XIII didn't know what he was talking about ...

"Pope Leo XIII, Apostolicae Curae" Wrote:Being fully cognizant of the necessary connection between faith and worship, between "the law of believing and the law of praying", under a pretext of returning to the primitive form, they corrupted the Liturgical Order in many ways to suit the errors of the reformers. For this reason, in the whole Ordinal not only is there no clear mention of the sacrifice, of consecration, of the priesthood (sacerdotium), and of the power of consecrating and offering sacrifice but, as we have just stated, every trace of these things which had been in such prayers of the Catholic rite as they had not entirely rejected, was deliberately removed and struck out.

No, he was right, but it isn't the full picture (and wasn't meant to be, he was addressing a change in something by the Anglicans)

He was addressing the invalidity of Anglican Orders.
if its between an NO or a no NO, don't go> stay at home and offer a spiritual communion. the NO is a protestant bastardization of the most holy sacrifice. it is a new ritual for the new religion. this may sound harsh but it was actually bugnini (a mason) intent to change the mass to change the most holy faith. the NO was designed and hatched by modernist intruders to defile the sanctuary, to mock Christ and replace the sacred with a benal ritual suitable for the shallow hearted and modernist heretics.
do your soul a favor and find a TLM if a TLM cannot be found then make a spiritual communion instead
Don't go to the NO ever!

Posted by jovan66102
I have never attended Mass offered by an SSPX Priest. I attend the NO in the vernacular most of the time because of the inconvenient location and even more inconvenient time of the FSSP EF Mass. That said, I have to ask, with your opinions, exactly what are you doing on a Trad forum? By definition, one who holds your opinions is not a Trad and is likely a Modernist underminer of our Most Holy Faith.

Hi jovan66102,
Sorry I took so long to respond to you.  I am a Traditional Catholic.  I am not a Modernist here to undermine anyone's Faith.
Like Nancy said, "Just say No."
(06-27-2009, 10:04 PM)lumine Wrote: Posted by jovan66102
I have never attended Mass offered by an SSPX Priest. I attend the NO in the vernacular most of the time because of the inconvenient location and even more inconvenient time of the FSSP EF Mass. That said, I have to ask, with your opinions, exactly what are you doing on a Trad forum? By definition, one who holds your opinions is not a Trad and is likely a Modernist underminer of our Most Holy Faith.

Hi jovan66102,
Sorry I took so long to respond to you.  I am a Traditional Catholic.  I am not a Modernist here to undermine anyone's Faith.

What do you mean by "Traditional Catholic"?
(Honest, non-sarcastic question)

It is "Traditional" to be excommunicated for disobeying the Pope. This tradition was broken by the Pope in approx. 1917.  The outbreak of WWl was the cause of massive entreaties to the Pope to stop the War, by Catholics who believed the power to bind and loose extended to that war. As people realized that cessation of hostilities would not be forthcoming, as they expected, the there was a strong outpouring of "attacks" against the Pope for not stopping said war. 

He declined to excommunicate due to the lack of understanding on the part of so many. Perhaps also due lack of knowledge on the part of many re the Vision of 1888 where the devil was promised 100 years.

I was raised in the Latin Mass. The changes of the New Mass were unsettling. Where the Pope is - there is the Church, however.  My brother is SSPX. My sister attended an SSPX Mass with him a few years ago and heard the priest declare from the pulpit " Excommunication ! Who cares ! "

If there is that degree of arrogance in self- righteousness on his part it will be a difficult road back.

Divine Intervention in the form of the Warning is what it will take. IMO

I am currently in Jersey where, there being no TLM, I had to attend a NO yesterday. Given that the 9.30am Mass has ghastly hymns aplenty, I decided to attend the 6pm service, which is spoken; however, unforeseen circumstances forced me to attend the 7.30pm Mass — the Polish Mass. "Well," I thought, "the Polish are supposed to be more conservative; this should not be too bad."

The hymns were downright awful; there was some guitar-strumming; and during Communion was sung a version of The Winner Takes It All with Polish lyrics. I did not know whether to laugh or to cry, but some clearly opted for the former.

Seeing that most of the communicants (relatively few members of an important congregation of young Polish immigrants) received kneeling and on the tongue, I asked the priest, after Mass, if he had received any requests for a TLM; he told me that he had only arrived recently, to fill in for the usual Polish chaplain, but that I should attend the 9.30am service, which he assured me was "very solemn" and basically a "High Mass" … when it is to avoid its terrible liturgy that I was there in the first place!
(06-29-2009, 08:49 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: I am currently in Jersey

Where in Jersey?  Or do you mean the island?

I can probly find a TLM for you.
(06-29-2009, 09:25 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(06-29-2009, 08:49 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: I am currently in Jersey

Where in Jersey?  Or do you mean the island?

I can probly find a TLM for you.

Thank you, but I am on the island (which gave its name to the state). :)