Thoughts on going to the NO
(06-29-2009, 09:25 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I can probly find a TLM for you.

Can you find one around Redditch, UK?
(06-29-2009, 09:46 PM)Texican Wrote:
(06-29-2009, 09:25 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I can probly find a TLM for you.

Can you find one around Redditch, UK?

Are you in the Archdiocese of Birmingham? If so (from WikkiMissa):

BIRMINGHAM

The Birmingham Oratory, 141 Hagley Road, BIRMINGHAM, B16 8UE
Sundays: 9.30am Low Mass
Holy Days untransferred: 5pm Low Mass in Cloister Chapel
Holy Days transferred: 8pm High Mass
Tel: 0121 454 0496
# Oratorians

OXFORD

The Oxford Oratory - Church of St Aloysius 25 Woodstock Rd, OXFORD, OX2 6HA
Sundays: 8am Low mass
Holy Days (untransferred): 12.15 Sung Mass
Tel: 01865 315800
# Oratorians

Dorchester-on-Thames - St Birinus 1 Bridge End Oxford OX10 7JR
Sat. 9.30am Low Mass
Tel: 01865 340417
# Diocese (Fr John Osman)

N.O.C.C., 17 Middleway, Summertown, OX2 7LH
Sundays: 10am Low Mass
Tel: 01865 882 014
# SSPX
(06-29-2009, 09:54 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: Are you in the Archdiocese of Birmingham? If so (from WikkiMissa):

BIRMINGHAM

The Birmingham Oratory, 141 Hagley Road, BIRMINGHAM, B16 8UE
Sundays: 9.30am Low Mass
Holy Days untransferred: 5pm Low Mass in Cloister Chapel
Holy Days transferred: 8pm High Mass
Tel: 0121 454 0496
# Oratorians

OXFORD

The Oxford Oratory - Church of St Aloysius 25 Woodstock Rd, OXFORD, OX2 6HA
Sundays: 8am Low mass
Holy Days (untransferred): 12.15 Sung Mass
Tel: 01865 315800
# Oratorians

Dorchester-on-Thames - St Birinus 1 Bridge End Oxford OX10 7JR
Sat. 9.30am Low Mass
Tel: 01865 340417
# Diocese (Fr John Osman)

N.O.C.C., 17 Middleway, Summertown, OX2 7LH
Sundays: 10am Low Mass
Tel: 01865 882 014
# SSPX

I'm not, now, but in about a month, or so...

Thank you!  Never thought of wikimissa
Bham will be the closest...

Closest SSPX is

LEICESTER Church of St. Anne Abingdon Road, Leicester, LE2 1HA Tel: 01858 555813 Mass: 1030 1st & 3rd & 5th Sunday.

55 miles away or so

Only 4 FSSP sites listed in UK and all too far away.

I don't know what Oratorians means....   Good luck and have fun.
Why I (reluctantly) attend the NO:

Over a year ago, I decided once and for all, I'd never attend the NO again. Nope. No how. I'd stay home if I couldn't make it to the TLM. (70 miles round trip). Then gas shot up to $4/gallon so I stayed home a lot. This was a bad idea, as I soon stopped praying the Rosary, stopped reading good Catholic books, and falling into mortal sin on a weekly, if not daily basis. I'd go to Confession, resolve to say "heck with the $$, I'm going!" then something would come up like a snow storm (which, driving across town isn't a big deal, driving on the highway, big deal-for me anyway because I hate driving on the highway anyway), or my car would start acting up (for a long time, it wouldn't/couldn't get past 45 mph without the check engine light or starting to sputter and stop) but mostly it was the mortal sin. A "why bother" attitude came over me, especially reading about how even good, solid, devout Catholics are probably going to Hell too. I actually considered just to stop being Catholic altogether, become a CINO-life is so much easier that way but obviously, not a happy way to live. So I went to Confession again (behind the screen, were it not for that I might not have gathered the courage.) and went to the Mass they have at the Cathedral (which is tolerable: no guitars, no choir in front, no Precious Blood being spilt, and I can always receive from the Priest if I sit on the right-hand side, minimal Euchies although most are women, and the readers are almost always women, so it's not perfect). I was able to maintain mortal-sin free status for a whole week! So I went again the next week, and then to Confession to receive those Graces that I so desperately need. I'm not telling anyone they should go to the NO; it's purely up to them and their conscience. I just know I have to attend Mass regardless or I'll certainly wind up in Hell for sure.
(06-29-2009, 10:06 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Bham will be the closest...

Closest SSPX is

LEICESTER Church of St. Anne Abingdon Road, Leicester, LE2 1HA Tel: 01858 555813 Mass: 1030 1st & 3rd & 5th Sunday.

55 miles away or so

Only 4 FSSP sites listed in UK and all too far away.

I don't know what Oratorians means....   Good luck and have fun.

Yeah, B-ham should be about 20-25 miles away, so that's probably where I'll go, barring a change in plans.

Thanks again!
The only (few) times I'll attend the NO nowadays....
1)  It's at one of two churches (Marytown in Illinois, and St. Anthony's in Milwaukee), and I'm by myself.  These places do it "good enough" to make me not-angry.  And the churches themselves are very pretty, which helps.

2)  It's with my family.  My family tried the EF once (with ICKSP), and things didn't go so smoothly (the priest was a "sub" and, in my humble opinion, without being mean, didn't exactly "do it" like I expected....), and so I still need to convert them to the EF.  I have gotten them to go to a better parish than my grade school one, which is leaps and bounds beyond the previous one (this is either at St. Anthony's or St. Josaphat's Basilica, I prefere St. Anthony's, myself, but at least people are *dressed appropriately* at St. Josaphat's too). 

3)  I sleep through (accidentally!!) the EF (as in, I sleep too late, and miss my train).  I try to avoid this, and so far it's done good, but previously, before my dedication (and the explanation that some people drive 3 hours for an EF) to it, I slept through a bit, and ended up needing to go to an NO.

4)  (Maybe)  I'm trying to help increase reverence at my college campus, and "recruit" some more orthodox-minded people, and expose the EF to them via Holy Rosary in Indy (but then I will also *go* to HR for Sunday obligation, if I end up getting a car for senior year).
(06-28-2009, 06:28 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(06-27-2009, 10:04 PM)lumine Wrote: Posted by jovan66102
I have never attended Mass offered by an SSPX Priest. I attend the NO in the vernacular most of the time because of the inconvenient location and even more inconvenient time of the FSSP EF Mass. That said, I have to ask, with your opinions, exactly what are you doing on a Trad forum? By definition, one who holds your opinions is not a Trad and is likely a Modernist underminer of our Most Holy Faith.

Hi jovan66102,
Sorry I took so long to respond to you.  I am a Traditional Catholic.  I am not a Modernist here to undermine anyone's Faith.

What do you mean by "Traditional Catholic"?
(Honest, non-sarcastic question)

Yes, I'm very curious as well. The list you gave in your earlier post just about sums up the antithesis of Traditionalism as I (and I think most people on this forum) understand it.
(06-17-2009, 12:58 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: if its between an NO or a no NO, don't go> stay at home and offer a spiritual communion. the NO is a protestant bastardization of the most holy sacrifice. it is a new ritual for the new religion. this may sound harsh but it was actually bugnini (a mason) intent to change the mass to change the most holy faith. the NO was designed and hatched by Modernist intruders to defile the sanctuary, to mock Christ and replace the sacred with a benal ritual suitable for the shallow hearted and Modernist heretics.
do your soul a favor and find a TLM if a TLM cannot be found then make a spiritual communion instead

"to mock Christ"

If you believe that the Novus Ordo licitly and reverently done mocks Christ I don't see how could you recognize Benedict XVI as a true pope. That would mean if true that the Church or what most people recognize as the Catholic Church has defected.

The proposition that: the Novus Ordo mocks Christ and the belief that Benedict XVI is pope to me seems irreconcilable.
(07-01-2009, 04:13 AM)sheep101 Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 12:58 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: if its between an NO or a no NO, don't go> stay at home and offer a spiritual communion. the NO is a protestant bastardization of the most holy sacrifice. it is a new ritual for the new religion. this may sound harsh but it was actually bugnini (a mason) intent to change the mass to change the most holy faith. the NO was designed and hatched by Modernist intruders to defile the sanctuary, to mock Christ and replace the sacred with a benal ritual suitable for the shallow hearted and Modernist heretics.
do your soul a favor and find a TLM if a TLM cannot be found then make a spiritual communion instead

"to mock Christ"

If you believe that the Novus Ordo licitly and reverently done mocks Christ I don't see how could you recognize Benedict XVI as a true pope. That would mean if true that the Church or what most people recognize as the Catholic Church has defected.

The proposition that: the Novus Ordo mocks Christ and the belief that Benedict XVI is pope to me seems irreconcilable.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :pazzo:  the sheeple, not DK