Thoughts on going to the NO
(07-01-2009, 04:13 AM)sheep101 Wrote: "to mock Christ"

If you believe that the Novus Ordo licitly and reverently done mocks Christ I don't see how could you recognize Benedict XVI as a true pope. That would mean if true that the Church or what most people recognize as the Catholic Church has defected.

The proposition that: the Novus Ordo mocks Christ and the belief that Benedict XVI is pope to me seems irreconcilable.

"Oh, and another thing,"

To quote Neil Page in "Planes Trains and Automobiles"

There are several on this board (many actually) who would say that you encouraging of the Holy Father and the bishops in their errors is incompatible with the belief that B16 is really Pope, or at the very least that you are no friend to him and them for as Mr. Knightley says in Emma (1996):

"It is not pleasant for me to say these things but, I must tell you the truth while I can.  Proving my self your friend by the most faithful counsel.  Trusting that sometime you will do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now."
(07-01-2009, 08:44 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 04:13 AM)sheep101 Wrote: "to mock Christ"

If you believe that the Novus Ordo licitly and reverently done mocks Christ I don't see how could you recognize Benedict XVI as a true pope. That would mean if true that the Church or what most people recognize as the Catholic Church has defected.

The proposition that: the Novus Ordo mocks Christ and the belief that Benedict XVI is pope to me seems irreconcilable.

"Oh, and another thing,"

To quote Neil Page in "Planes Trains and Automobiles"

There are several on this board (many actually) who would say that you encouraging of the Holy Father and the bishops in their errors is incompatible with the belief that B16 is really Pope, or at the very least that you are no friend to him and them for as Mr. Knightley says in Emma (1996):

"It is not pleasant for me to say these things but, I must tell you the truth while I can.  Proving my self your friend by the most faithful counsel.  Trusting that sometime you will do my faith in you greater justice than you do it now."

"There are several on this board (many actually) who would say that you encouraging of the Holy Father and the bishops in their errors is incompatible with the belief that B16 is really Pope, or at the very least that you are no friend to him and them for as Mr. Knightley says in Emma"

The Magesterium of the Church holds far more weight with me than opinions of members of this forum. Like it or not Pope Benedict XVI is right now the pinnacle of the living Magesterium of the Church our natural roles as laymen is to receive the teaching of the church from the clergy not the other way around. This does not mean that we should blindly accept everything they say (though St.Ignatius had that opinion or came close to it) but, we should give our clergy the benefit of the doubt.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sip sip
(06-17-2009, 12:58 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: if its between an NO or a no NO, don't go> stay at home and offer a spiritual communion. the NO is a protestant bastardization of the most holy sacrifice. it is a new ritual for the new religion. this may sound harsh but it was actually bugnini (a mason) intent to change the mass to change the most holy faith. the NO was designed and hatched by Modernist intruders to defile the sanctuary, to mock Christ and replace the sacred with a benal ritual suitable for the shallow hearted and Modernist heretics.
do your soul a favor and find a TLM if a TLM cannot be found then make a spiritual communion instead

Exactly.
(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: My thoughts on going to the Novus Ordo:

I like hearing the whole Mass in my native tongue.

I like hearing the most important words, the words of consecration, in my own language.

I like being able to see the priest as he consecrates the bread and wine.

I like being able to receive my Lord under the species of His Precious Blood in the chalice.

I like being able to sing hymns as a member of the congregation, and not just listen to a choir.

I like the responsorial Psalm.

I like having substantial readings from the Old Testament.

I like singing the Gospel Acclamation.

I like the Prayers of the Faithful.

I like it when people realize the true Theological significance of the Sign of Peace.

I like being able to pray all of the words of the Lord's Prayer.

I like being able to hear most everything that is being said(sorry if that seems redundant).

So did Martin Luther but I assume via your post that you are one of those NewChurchers that think Martin Luther had a lot to teach us. Dont you belong on Catholic answers?
I apologize if this sounds rude. Having read it over, I see how it could appear that way; but I assure you that is not my intention. Regarless, I think the point is made clear…

I like hearing the whole Mass in the universal language of the Church.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like hearing the most important words, the words of consecration, in my own language.’
I like hearing the most important words, the words of consecration, in its unchanging form of Latin.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to see the priest as he consecrates the bread and wine.
I like the priest and people facing the same direction, the Tabernacle: the Mother of God, as he consecrates the bread where she can see her Son offered as a sacrifice.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to receive my Lord under the species of His Precious Blood in the chalice.
I like being able to receive the fullness of my Lord’s Divinity under the appearances of bread.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to sing hymns as a member of the congregation, and not just listen to a choir.
I like focusing on undistracted meditation while the choir sets the atmosphere and does what it is there to do.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like the responsorial Psalm.
I like the Offertory outlining the propitiatory nature of the Sacrifice.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like having substantial readings from the Old Testament.
I like having substantial readings from the New Testament: the foundation of the Catholic Faith.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like singing the Gospel Acclamation.
I like the choir to do the singing.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like the Prayers of the Faithful.
I like the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like it when people realize the true Theological significance of the Sign of Peace.
I like it when people realize the true Theological significance of the Real Presence and propitiatory Sacrifice as emphasized by the texts and rubrics of the Mass of Ages.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to pray all of the words of the Lord's Prayer.
I like being able to pray all of the words of the Lord’s Prayer – mentally or quietly.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to hear most everything that is being said(sorry if that seems redundant).\
I like being able to hear most everything that is being said – in the universal, unchanging language of the Church yet reading the vernacular in my Missal.

(07-02-2009, 01:04 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: I apologize if this sounds rude. Having read it over, I see how it could appear that way; but I assure you that is not my intention. Regarless, I think the point is made clear…

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like hearing the most important words, the words of consecration, in my own language.’
I like hearing the most important words, the words of consecration, in its unchanging form of Latin.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to see the priest as he consecrates the bread and wine.
I like the priest and people facing the same direction, the Tabernacle: the Mother of God, as he consecrates the bread where she can see her Son offered as a sacrifice.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to receive my Lord under the species of His Precious Blood in the chalice.
I like being able to receive the fullness of my Lord’s Divinity under the appearances of bread.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to sing hymns as a member of the congregation, and not just listen to a choir.
I like focusing on undistracted meditation while the choir sets the atmosphere and does what it is there to do.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like having substantial readings from the Old Testament.
I like having substantial readings from the New Testament: the foundation of the Catholic Faith.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like it when people realize the true Theological significance of the Sign of Peace.
I like it when people realize the true Theological significance of the Real Presence and propitiatory Sacrifice as emphasized by the texts and rubrics of the Mass of Ages.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to pray all of the words of the Lord's Prayer.
I like being able to pray all of the words of the Lord’s Prayer – mentally or quietly.

(06-14-2009, 05:23 PM)lumine Wrote: I like being able to hear most everything that is being said(sorry if that seems redundant).\
I like being able to hear most everything that is being said – in the universal, unchanging language of the Church yet reading the vernacular in my Missal.
:tiphat:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Another point is I find it really swell to be going to a valid Mass which even JPII the clown Pope admited that many in the US of A werent due to lack of valid matter.
(07-02-2009, 01:18 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 01:04 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: I apologize if this sounds rude. Having read it over, I see how it could appear that way; but I assure you that is not my intention. Regarless, I think the point is made clear…

:tiphat:

Another point is I find it really swell to be going to a valid Mass which even JPII the clown Pope admited that many in the US of A werent due to lack of valid matter.

Really? I must have missed that...

WIN!