What are you reading right now?
OK, I've been inspired by the "Top Ten Favorite Books" thread to ask you all what you're reading right now.  As a teacher on summer vacation, I have a reading list required by my school and my own personal reading list.

So, currently I'm reading Ariana Franklin's *The Serpent's Tale,* a medieval murder mystery (a "combination of CSI and the Canterbury Tales").  This is actually a sequel to an earlier book, *Mistress of the Arts of Death.*  So far, I think I prefer the first book to the second, but it's not a bad mystery.
I just finished Vulcan's Forge by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz.  I'm about to start the sequel, Vulcan's Heart (though I may start The Vulcan Academy Murders next as I'm getting it from the library).

I've been reading a lot of Star Trek novels (preferably Spock-heavy ones  Sticking tongue out at you ).
(06-10-2009, 03:04 PM)Pilgrim Wrote: OK, I've been inspired by the "Top Ten Favorite Books" thread to ask you all what you're reading right now.  As a teacher on summer vacation, I have a reading list required by my school and my own personal reading list.

So, currently I'm reading Ariana Franklin's *The Serpent's Tale,* a medieval murder mystery (a "combination of CSI and the Canterbury Tales").  This is actually a sequel to an earlier book, *Mistress of the Arts of Death.*  So far, I think I prefer the first book to the second, but it's not a bad mystery.

I'm finishing up "True Devotion to Mary", starting "The Great Gatsby" in German, and halfway through "This is the Faith."

The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whisky, and Song, and Bungalow Details: Interior by Jane Powell; both witty, excellent writiers. I've decided my summer reading will actually be light, this year!  LOL
(06-10-2009, 04:18 PM)Anastasia Wrote: The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whisky, and Song, and Bungalow Details: Interior by Jane Powell; both witty, excellent writiers. I've decided my summer reading will actually be light, this year!  LOL

That first one is WONDERFUL!

Have you read the first book to that?  I haven't, but heard it's good...
I'm reading In This House of Brede[/] by Rumer Godden, and [i]The Liturgical Year by Dom Gueranger.
(06-10-2009, 04:59 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(06-10-2009, 04:18 PM)Anastasia Wrote: The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whisky, and Song, and Bungalow Details: Interior by Jane Powell; both witty, excellent writiers. I've decided my summer reading will actually be light, this year!  LOL

Wine Whisky and Song was WAAAAY better than Good Living.  IMHO.  Both were a hoot.
(06-10-2009, 05:04 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-10-2009, 04:59 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Wine Whisky and Song was WAAAAY better than Good Living.  IMHO.  Both were a hoot.

Okeedoke.  Duly noted.  Thanks!
(06-10-2009, 05:04 PM)Deidre Wrote: I'm reading In This House of Brede[/] by Rumer Godden, and [i]The Liturgical Year by Dom Gueranger.

have you read The Scent of Water?

...another by Rumer Godden. It's a good one.

Smile
The Garden of the Finzi-Continis