What are you reading right now?
Charles Coulombe's A Catholic Quest for the Holy Grail. I have this immense list of books to read, especially on my Kindle, where I've side-loaded so much the darn thing's nearly full of public domain Catholicity. But one of the few things I've learned in recent years is that when Mr. Coulombe releases another book, I need to read it.  Big Grin
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Cormac McCarthy Blood Meridian

Allen Tate Essays of Four Decades

John Fowles The Magus

Lawrence Durrell Justine
"Last Conversations", St. Therese
“If I saw the gates of hell open and I stood on the brink of the abyss, I would not despair; I would not lose hope of mercy, because I would trust in you, my God.” ~St. Gemma
[Image: 1828-Miraculous-Medal-Book-500x500.png]
I finished reading the book I posted above this message as well as The Everlasting Man. I'm going to continue reading through 1 Corinthians now. I'm also going to read St. Justin Martyr's First Apology.
The Book of Lost Tales Vol 2 J.R.R.  Tolkien
The Comedians by Graham Greene
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
Don Quixote de la Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes
Mystical City of God by Maria de Agreda
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
I read 1 Corinthians (as well as 2 Corinthians) and St. Justin Martyr's First Apology.

I'm currently reading this, which was a Christmas gift:

[Image: 51AbclTIOyL.jpg]

I'm on Chapter 3. It's very good. It's upsetting in that it calls to mind the lack of form, distinctive unity, and reverence seen in many parishes these days, but it's also encouraging in that it shows us a way to restore it. I would recommend it.
(12-26-2017, 10:39 PM)In His Love Wrote: I read 1 Corinthians (as well as 2 Corinthians) and St. Justin Martyr's First Apology.

I'm currently reading this, which was a Christmas gift:

[Image: 51AbclTIOyL.jpg]

I'm on Chapter 3. It's very good. It's upsetting in that it calls to mind the lack of form, distinctive unity, and reverence seen in many parishes these days, but it's also encouraging in that it shows us a way to restore it. I would recommend it.

Peter K. and I just became friends on Facebook. I'm still plugging my way through Roger Buck's Cor Jesu Sacratissimum. According to Kindle, I have about an hour to go. I've promised him a review, which I'll also post here.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(12-01-2017, 09:18 AM)dahveed Wrote: Charles Coulombe's A Catholic Quest for the Holy Grail. I have this immense list of books to read, especially on my Kindle, where I've side-loaded so much the darn thing's nearly full of public domain Catholicity. But one of the few things I've learned in recent years is that when Mr. Coulombe releases another book, I need to read it.  Big Grin

Thanks for mentioning this. Somehow I missed it. I agree with you, and thankfully, I have Kindle Unlimited, so it's free.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'