What are you reading right now?
The Egyptian Guide, by Evelyn Oliver. About 30%, so far. Very, very good, very, very Catholic. To look at the cover, I'd have thought, "not with a ten foot pole," but I read the interview at Rorate Caeli, found here. I am deeply impressed, and even not having yet finished it, I recommend it to you all. It's that good. It's not part of my Lenten devotional reading, but it's been good enough that I keep coming back to it.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
I just finished "the Anti-Mary Exposed" by Carrie Gress. It's a look at the impact feminism has had on women in modern culture and how it's tenets are the inverse of the virtues found in Our Lady. I found it to be a really insightful read, and it came out very recently so it addresses issues that are still relevant to the current crisis in the Church.

Tonight I will be starting "Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist" by Brant Pitre. I listened to a recent interview with him on Pints with Aquinas regarding his book on Mary, and his Biblical knowledge and exegesis is top notch. I'm looking forward to his analysis of the Eucharist in light of Judaism.
And I understood that man can find no reason of all those works of God that are done under the sun: and the more he shall labour to seek, so much the less shall he find: yea, though the wise man shall say, that he knoweth it, he shall not be able to find it. -Ecclesiastes 8:17
Just finished the Council Of Trent Catechism.

Was Inspired by some other posters on here and am now reading: 10 Wonders of the Rosary by Father Calloway.

Just finished the 2nd wonder and wow this is a great book so far![Image: 14b53eeba0c312deb5a9f49decdceec2.jpg]
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Augustinian
I'm more than half way through "To Catch A King" by Charles Spencer. It's the story of how 21 year old Charles II made a near miraculous escape from the forces of Oliver Cromwell after the disasterous defeat at the Battle of Worcester in Sept 1651. Facing almost certain death if captured, Charles was able to elude what was probably the largest manhunt in British history at the time, with the help of the only group capable of saving his life, the Roman Catholic Underground. It is believed that Charles' deathbed conversion to the Catholic faith was mainly due to the fact that ordinary Catholics risked being hanged drawn and quartered in order to hide the King from his pursuers. One of my favorite incidents from the story was when one of the King's party, Richard Penderel went to the home of an elderly Catholic by the name of Francis Wolfe and asked him if he could hide a gentleman fleeing from the defeat at Worcester. Wolfe said it was too risky as he would be risking a horrific death if captured, and then added that he would only do it if it was the King. Penderel immediately responded "It is the King". Wolfe provided them with shelter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • dahveed, jovan66102
I am reading through the thoroughly politically incorrect Fu Manchu novels by Sax Rohmer.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(04-16-2019, 02:23 PM)Eric F Wrote: "To Catch A King" by Charles Spencer. 

The younger brother of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Eric F
Would you believe I never made the connection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • jovan66102
I finished Brant Pitre's book on the Jewish roots of the Eucharist last night. Excellent read, I definitely recommend it.

Now I've moved on to "The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus" by John Croiset and "Refuting Rabbinic Objections to Christianity & Messianic Prophecies" by Eitan Bar.

And then, of course, the Douay-Rheims as a permanent fixture.
And I understood that man can find no reason of all those works of God that are done under the sun: and the more he shall labour to seek, so much the less shall he find: yea, though the wise man shall say, that he knoweth it, he shall not be able to find it. -Ecclesiastes 8:17
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • SeeTheLight