What are you reading right now?
(01-03-2021, 10:54 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:27 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: 'The Most Incredible Elvis Presley Story Ever Told' 
by G.B. Giorgio

I'm almost convinced Elvis is alive and relative well, living somewhere in Maine, USA. Really

Be neat lol.  We're a nice state, except for the politics, and to be fair, with the exception of our governor, when compared with the rest of NE we're not even that bad.  Lots of woods and nearly untouched lakes as well.
It has to do with the Brunswick NAS and the three successive catastrophe crashes of Orion aircraft at or around the time of his (Elvis) death. The air station was considered jinked after that, and closed in 2011. See, G. B. Giorgio had written a novel named 'Orion' which paralleled Presley's life including the novel's protagonist (Orion) faking his death. Anyway, just trying to lighten things up (grin) a bit. Have a Happy & Prosperous MMXXI
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(01-03-2021, 10:09 PM)Some Guy Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:34 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
Some Guy Wrote:Vol. 1 of Ven. Mary of Agreda’s Mystical City of God, but took a short break in order to read Jean-Baptiste Chautard’s The Soul of the Apostolate.

I've read all four volumes.  They are on my desk right now.  I bought them on Bl. Solanus Casey's recommendation.

What do you think of it so far?

I love it. Gives one a lot to think about theologically. Also is very satisfying in that way that one wants to know more details about the hidden things pertaining to Divine Revelation.

I've been meaning to go and re-read all four volumes again. It's easily one of my favorite reads. I especially love the triumphalism involved with the Nativity and Flight into Egypt, notably the sheer power of the Incarnation forcing the demons into hiding and they being completely blind as to what happened.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Some Guy
Looking forward to those scenes! Admittedly less than 200 pages in before I took the break. Mainly because it became abundantly clear that I really needed to get a variety of ducks in a row asap and reading Soul of the Apostolate would be very beneficial to that.

I enjoyed reading about the fall of Satan and the stuff that backed up Dun Scotus’ Primacy of Christ and just the general importance of Our Lady from the very beginning of creation, really helps one understand the importance of her role as Mediatrix and Co-Redemptrix.
Ave Christus Rex!
(01-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Looking forward to those scenes! Admittedly less than 200 pages in before I took the break. Mainly because it became abundantly clear that I really needed to get a variety of ducks in a row asap and reading Soul of the Apostolate would be very beneficial to that.

I enjoyed reading about the fall of Satan and the stuff that backed up Dun Scotus’ Primacy of Christ and just the general importance of Our Lady from the very beginning of creation, really helps one understand the importance of her role as Mediatrix and Co-Redemptrix.

You'll see those scenes in the second volume, The Nativity. It really gives you pious emotions for sure.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(01-04-2021, 04:03 AM)Blind Horus Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 10:54 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:27 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: 'The Most Incredible Elvis Presley Story Ever Told' 
by G.B. Giorgio

I'm almost convinced Elvis is alive and relative well, living somewhere in Maine, USA. Really

Be neat lol.  We're a nice state, except for the politics, and to be fair, with the exception of our governor, when compared with the rest of NE we're not even that bad.  Lots of woods and nearly untouched lakes as well.
It has to do with the Brunswick NAS and the three successive catastrophe crashes of Orion aircraft at or around the time of his (Elvis) death. The air station was considered jinked after that, and closed in 2011. See, G. B. Giorgio had written a novel named 'Orion' which paralleled Presley's life including the novel's protagonist (Orion) faking his death. Anyway, just trying to lighten things up (grin) a bit. Have a Happy & Prosperous MMXXI

Weird, I live a few minutes away from the NAS and learned to drive down there.  It's a neat place.
I've put everything else aside to read The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam, by Douglas Murray. It is gripping at the same time that it's very depressing. The title was inspired by a 1935 book called  The Strange Death of Liberal England. I would have titled it 'The Suicide of Europe'.

It details the 'immigration problem' in Europe up until 2017. Of course, the 'immigration problem' should be called the 'jihadist invasion problem'. It's a fascinating read, even if it is a downer.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Mourning Dove
Just finished Becoming A Healing Presence  by  Dr. Albert Rossi and am about 1/3 of the way through his All Is Well.  Wonderful stuff!!

I'm also reading Newt Gingrich's Duplicity, having just finished his Treason.  They're in reverse order, but that's how I was able to get them from the library.

On an ongoing basis I'm re-reading Humility of Heart by Rev. Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo. 

On the next or nearly next list is Von Hildebrand's Jaws of Death: Gate of Heaven.

Part of my Lenten reading will be Fr. Tom Hopko's (of blessed memory) Lenten Spring.
The earth used to be spherical.  Then those Pesky Semites came along, and the sheer weight of their ideas flattened it. :LOL:

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
Your article is so convincing that I couldn’t stop myself from appreciating this. If you live in Singapore and looking for the best platform to find Tuition Assignments in Singapore then Nanyang Tuition Jobs is the best platform.

Useful Links:
Home Tuition Agency
Tuition Assignments
Homestay Singapore
AEIS Mock Papers
Currently reading the book of Jeremiah, Dante's Paradiso, Shakespeare's "Antony and Cleopatra", and Plautus' "Casina".

Recently finished the Passio Perpetuae et Felicitatis, which is mostly composed of Perpetua's first-hand account (actually written in her own hand!) of her own persecution. Someone else finished relating the actual martyrdom (obviously). Also read a transcription of an 8th century manuscript called the Passio Sancti Valentini Martyris.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

non qui parum habet, sed qui plus cupit, pauper est
I'm reading Meditations on the Tarot by Anonymous.  I'm almost finished with it.  Next I'll be reading Occult Phenomena in the Light of Theology by Abbot Alois Wiesinger, O.S.C.O.
The Gospel is traditional.