What are you reading right now?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! The all-in-one version, so I'm at the tail end of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. By golly, it's frikkin hilarious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes choosetowitness's post:
  • oldrover
(02-18-2022, 11:32 PM)choosetowitness Wrote: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! The all-in-one version, so I'm at the tail end of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. By golly, it's frikkin hilarious.

Every once in a while, if I just want to read something just for mindless escapism, I pick up my son's copy of the four-book 'trilogy' that he left here.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • choosetowitness
How to Make a Good Confession, by the late Father John A. Kane.
Originally published in 1943, I think those Catholics who are not fans of Vatican II would really like this little (approx. 130-page) book.
Biblical references in the footnotes are to the Douay-Rheims, with occasional cross-references to the RSV-CE when the DR annotations don't match up to more modern chapter and verse orders. 
Despite its brevity, this book is given to deep reflection and contemplation, such that it's taking me longer to read than a work of this length normally would. In fact, I would consider this book one of those devotional works that would be good to "pray" (as, for example, the late Father Solanus Casey was known to "pray" The Mystical City of God by Mary of Agreda).
The only fault I have found with Father Kane's book so far is that he makes the common mistake of conflating the woman of Luke chapter 7 with Mary Magdalene of Chapter 8, but still, his discourse on sin in that particular part of his book is nonetheless still instructive.
Joseph Pearce's Faith of Our Fathers: A History of True England, just started The Complete Harvard Classic. Lighter reading will be George Washington At War–1776 (John Koopman III) and thanks to Jovan (;)) Secret Ministry (Looked too good to pass up). Audio books are RFK Jr's The Real Dr. Fauci and Alessandro Manzoni's The Betrothed. Regarding the latter, I read that in Italy, it's studied and enjoyed by everyone, and so far, it reminds me of Dickens.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(05-11-2022, 07:11 PM)dahveed Wrote: thanks to Jovan (;)) Secret Ministry (Looked too good to pass up). 
I'm now on, I think, the 10th in the series, Johnny Goes West. Fedora gets mixed up in the doings of a breakaway province of Argentina that has declared independence. I've enjoyed the whole series immensely.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
I'm reading The Summa Theologica, Aristotle's Complete Works, Integralism: A Manual of Political Philosophy, by Fr Thomas Crean and Prof. Alan Fimister, A Reader in Catholic Social Teaching, by Dr Peter Kwasniewski, Pascendi, by Pope St Pius X (at the end of a book on St Thomas's philosophy which I've finished), and as I mentioned above, Johnny Goes West, another 1950s spy/thriller.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-11-2022, 09:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:  Integralism: A Manual of Political Philosophy, by Fr Thomas Crean and Prof. Alan Fimister

Fatastic little volume.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galahad3's post:
  • jovan66102