Shooting at Holocaust Museum

Guard in Holocaust Museum shooting dies
  Witness at museum knew 'someone had been shot'

updated 3 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - An elderly gunman opened fire with a rifle inside the crowded U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on Wednesday, fatally wounding a security guard before being shot. Authorities said they were investigating a white supremacist as the suspect.

The assailant and his victim were both hospitalized, said Washington, D.C., Mayor Adrian Fenty, who added that the gunman was in critical condition. The guard, identified by the museum as Officer Stephen Tyrone Johns, died later in the hospital. Johns had worked at the museum for six years.

"There are no words to express our grief and shock over today's events," the museum said in statement.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said the gunman appeared to have acted alone. He was "engaged by security guards immediately after entering the door" with a rifle, she said. "The second he stepped into the building he began firing."

One law enforcement official said James Von Brunn, 89, a white supremacist, was under investigation in the shooting, and a second official said the elderly man's car was found near the museum and tested for explosives. They spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they were not authorized to discuss the investigation.

The museum normally has a heavy security presence with guards positioned both inside and outside. All visitors are required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance, and bags are screened.

Linda Elston, who was visiting the museum from Nevada City, Calif., said she was on the lower level of the museum watching a film when she and others were told to evacuate.

"It was totally full of people," Elston said. "It took us a while to get out."

She said she didn't hear any shots and didn't immediately know why there was an evacuation. The experience left her feeling "a little anxious," she said.

Thousands inside museum
A museum official said a couple of thousand people were inside the facility when the shooting broke out, just before 1

The Embassy of Israel in Washington said it was "shocked and saddened" by the shooting in a statement.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations also released a statement: "We condemn this apparent bias-motivated attack and stand with the Jewish community and with Americans of all faiths in repudiating the kind of hatred and intolerance that can lead to such disturbing incidents."

The museum, the largest U.S. memorial to the Holocaust, opened in 1993 and has been a target of at least one domestic terrorism threat in the past. In 2002, prosecutors said two members of white supremacist groups had plotted to build a fertilizer bomb — like the one used to destroy an Oklahoma City federal building — to blow up the Holocaust museum. Authorities said the two had plotted to incite a race war.

2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may
an 88 year old. could this have been a suicide mission

yes they are linking him to
1)white supremacists
2)911 truth committee
3)he was a vet
already allot of trash has been flung at vets and links to gun ownership ect etc.
he probably will have been found with a Ron Paul t shirt on or pin.
an anti zero bumper sticker.
some anti abortion fliers and booklets in the passenger seat
and God knows what else

that said
i find it very eerie this went down. and i don't think this guy did it because hes nuts. really call me paranoid i think his handlers sent him to do it to make a point. it went down at such a sacred site. this will be played up and milked till death.now the sh*t will hit and the libs will have even more momentum to come and disarm you. interesting they didn't kill him. yet.
mmmmmmmm
more info on the shooter
During WWII he served as PT-Boat captain, Lt. USNR, receiving a Commendation and four battle stars. For twenty years he was an advertising executive and film-producer in New York City. He is a member of Mensa, the high-IQ society

his web site
http://www.holywesternempire.org
its running really slow due to the up traffic from todays events.

This should be a boost for "hate crimes" legislation and gun control laws.........

This and Tiller's murder will motivate the radical left like never before. They'll be al over this.
my point exactly alaric.
This story is all over the media like wildfire. You'd think someone just shot the president.

And of course, it happened on "hallowed" ground.

I don't remember the recruiters getting shot and killed by a crazed radical black Muslim outside the mall in Arkansas getting anywhere near this coverage.

But I'm sure it will be brought up with other examples as another reason to take our guns away from us.
its very telling. the recruiter murdered got not even 10 percent of the play this is getting. but it wasn't a black Muslim that did remember alaric. just an upset down and out lad who felt bad about American policy in the middle east.
yeah right.
as soon as this went down i it was like a nuk going off or something. i find this is very good cover for whatever did go down today that wasn't played. very convenient. the best way to hijack every single press outlet this side of iran is have this go down
meanwhile...................................................................................
All of this @#$% is really beginning to freak me out.

If I were a little bit more paranoid I would swear this is all part of a massive conspiracy.  Bubbles

[Image: herecomesthechange.jpg]
sorry to break it to you.
IT IS!
How horrible!

What a detestable man.

Fortunately white supremacist bigots like this are going the way of the dodo.