Regensburg Diocese warns excommunication looms for Lefebvrist priests
(06-11-2009, 06:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: A spokeswoman for the German bishops’ conference said June 5 it would be the decision of local bishops to react to the society’s actions.

Jun 6, 2009

Isnt it up to the Vatican? [b]Since when could a local Apostate "bishops" conference excommunicate Catholics[/b]. And yes I dont believe that the German Bishops are Catholic.

They dont, which is why they spokesperson said it was up to the bishop who has jurisdiction where the ordinations are taking place.
(06-11-2009, 07:00 PM)Tobri Wrote:
(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: A spokeswoman for the German bishops’ conference said June 5 it would be the decision of local bishops to react to the society’s actions.

Jun 6, 2009

Isnt it up to the Vatican? [b]Since when could a local Apostate "bishops" conference excommunicate Catholics[/b]. And yes I dont believe that the German Bishops are Catholic.

They dont, which is why they spokesperson said it was up to the bishop who has jurisdiction where the ordinations are taking place.

So this one Bishop could excomunicate the SSPX even though Rome has lifted the unjust excommunication.
(06-11-2009, 07:02 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(06-11-2009, 07:00 PM)Tobri Wrote:

Jun 6, 2009

So this one Bishop could excomunicate the SSPX even though Rome has lifted the unjust excommunication.

He could excommunicate the seminarians and the bishop(s) performing the ordinations because it is against Church law to do that sort of thing in outside your diocese with out the local bishops permission. For example the Archbishop of Detroit has to say okay when seminarians at the Polish Orchard Lake seminary get ordained. Even to celebrate Mass as a priest in another diocese you need the local bishops permission. Even Bishop Burkowitz (sp) I believe got in trouble for celebrating Mass in England with out the local bishops permission first.

Should the seminarians and SSPX bishop get excommunicated they have the option of appealing to Rome which is the final arbiter.
I'm having a bit of trouble with how people are reacting to this.  All this worry about Canon laws and jurisdiction when the elephant in the room is standing there.

Only one thing has changed with regard to the Crisis in the Church and it is only cosmetic.  The excommunication was lifted.  Unless there is an acknowledgement and action from the Holy Father or a mass of bishops that this crisis is real and they have taken concrete action to remove the heretics and progressives, nothing has changed. 

There is only one more year before Summorum Pontificum comes back under review.  The so-called conservative bishops have been pulling underhanded tactics trying to get around the letter and they are succeeding since the growth has been so slow, they can consider it negligible.  I don't know if they will succeed but that's where they are headed.  If they can corrupt the SSPX before then so much the better.

There are only SSPX seminaries and chapels in Germany because the German bishops are heretics.  The SSPX  can just continue as business as usual and the German bishops know exactly what is needed to make the SSPX leave.  But that would require them to become good Catholics. 

(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: “The society lives by itself in a closed circle, so it poses no danger as such to our diocese’s 630 parishes, which are full of Catholic vitality,” said Schotz

:laughing:
Quote: Officials in the Diocese of Regensburg, Germany, have said plans by the traditionalist Society of St. Pius X to ordain new priests without Vatican consent at a local seminary will lead to their excommunication.

“This will be uncanonical, since they have no entitlement to conduct their own ordinations,” said diocese spokesman Jakub Schotz.

“Our bishop is waiting for Rome to advise on how to respond. But it will almost certainly result in the excommunication of the priests and the bishop who ordains them,” Schotz said.

“The society lives by itself in a closed circle, so it poses no danger as such to our diocese’s 630 parishes, which are full of Catholic vitality,” said Schotz, whose diocese is one of three in Pope Benedict XVI’s former Munich and Freising Archdiocese.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
These Modernists should worry about their own apostasy from the Catholic faith and Church. The German church has tottally fallen to Satan and the gates of hell.
I think they would do best to check with Rome on this one. Perhaps they are unaware of the negociations going on. Or perhaps some of the other posters are right; they may have sold out to Satan.

Those German Bishops are a strange lot.
(06-12-2009, 02:07 PM)trident59 Wrote: I think they would do best to check with Rome on this one. Perhaps they are unaware of the negociations going on.

Everybody else with an internet connection knows. Why else do you think they would pull a publicity stunt like this? I seem to remember earlier this year that the ordinations were simply moved outside of the bishop's jurisdiction, to Switzerland if memory serves, I also thought it was at/with the Vatican's request.

Does this mean that they have been moved back to this bear pit?
(06-11-2009, 08:53 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: “The society lives by itself in a closed circle, so it poses no danger as such to our diocese’s 630 parishes, which are full of Catholic vitality,” said Schotz

:laughing:
Yeah sure Catholic vitality probably congregations all over 70 in half full Churches while trads have all the young people.

Jun 6, 2009

Isnt it up to the Vatican? Since when could a local Apostate "bishops" conference excommunicate Catholics. And yes I dont believe that the German Bishops are Catholic.

## That's one defence against being brought to book for the crime of simony, I suppose. If the Society ponied up, they could buy recognition as Catholics, and the German hierarchy would have more cash to spend on their junkets.