Regensburg Diocese warns excommunication looms for Lefebvrist priests
(06-11-2009, 08:53 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: “The society lives by itself in a closed circle, so it poses no danger as such to our diocese’s 630 parishes, which are full of Catholic vitality,” said Schotz

:laughing:

"Vienna cuts 75 per cent of parishes
27 September 2012

The 660 parishes in the Archdiocese of Vienna are to be drastically reduced over the next 10 years to just 150.

The Archbishop of Vienna, Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, made the announcement to a startled audience of journalists at the annual media reception at the archbishops' palace on 20 September.

The main factors behind the restructuring are the declining number of churchgoing Catholics and the shortage of priests. Parishes in the archdiocese will in future be much larger, with three to five priests in charge, one of whom will be responsible to the archbishop. Each of these large parishes will be run jointly by priests and lay Catholics.

Cardinal Schönborn described the move as "probably the greatest structural reorganisation of the Vienna archdiocese for 200 years"."

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/latest-news/4599

Love that vitality

:laughing:  :cuckoo:  :helpsmiley:

If that is what passes for vitality, God save the Church from the New Evangelisation.
Do any of these guys get up in the morning and say, you know today I'm going to look into those 510 parish closings.  Perhaps there is a pattern, you know once is an incident, twice a coincident, anf thrice a Pattern.

tim
(06-11-2009, 06:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Regensburg Diocese warns excommunication looms for Lefebvrist priests
More likely vice versa.

Also, is it true that the German bishops threatened to apostatize were Rome to grant the SSPX canonical status?
Resurrecting threads are we?
(10-05-2012, 11:16 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Resurrecting threads are we?

Yeah, I thought this was new until I realised I started the thread almost three years ago. :LOL:
I think this is a situation that we should pray about
:pray: :pray: :pray: