For Devoted Knuckles
(06-16-2009, 07:00 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: high artic?
yeah i guess the troubles got too him too
sip sip

What trouble?
(07-09-2009, 05:18 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: What trouble?

"The troubles".  In NI.
(07-09-2009, 12:43 PM)Texican Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 05:18 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: What trouble?

"The troubles".  In NI.

Ah, with a capital 'T'. I see.

I was confused because it was talking about a fellow out of Canada, and DK is in Canada. Context would have never led me to associate the comment w/ N. Ireland.
The name Gerry Fitt, was a giveaway for me.
(07-10-2009, 09:45 AM)Texican Wrote: The name Gerry Fitt, was a giveaway for me.

Good point. It had been a couple weeks since the thread started, and I tend not to re-read back posts and 'wing it.'

That'll teach me. And me hating commies so much (which Fitt was) and I missed that.
(07-11-2009, 01:40 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 09:45 AM)Texican Wrote: The name Gerry Fitt, was a giveaway for me.

Good point. It had been a couple weeks since the thread started, and I tend not to re-read back posts and 'wing it.'

That'll teach me. And me hating commies so much (which Fitt was) and I missed that.

Eh, the first thing that caught my eye, was the RUC.  I then went back , and caught the Gerry bit.

My eyes are tired.
RUC was also kind of a giveaway :)

Side quesion for DK ( or anyone else for that matter.)  Has anyone read anything by Tim Pat Coogan on the Troubles?  I've got two books by him - one on Michael Collins and another called "The Troubles."  Seem to be good books, but any opinions?
(07-13-2009, 09:22 PM)Joamy Wrote: RUC was also kind of a giveaway :)

Side quesion for DK ( or anyone else for that matter.)  Has anyone read anything by Tim Pat Coogan on the Troubles?  I've got two books by him - one on Michael Collins and another called "The Troubles."  Seem to be good books, but any opinions?

Haven't read his book on Collins, but I enjoyed 'The Troubles'.
wow just came here i didnt think the thread would keep goin. glad i stepped back in. Tim is great. good stuff.
anyhoo im sure your all keepin up with the last few days in the north?
sip sip
oh and
hi Jovan. been a while so how goes the artic lad?
What's going on in the north?