Vegetarianism: Hippie Fad or Part of the Culture of Life?
In man's perfect state, he is vegan.
(06-20-2009, 11:09 AM)didishroom Wrote: In man's perfect state, he is vegan.

But due to the grace of God, we do not need to be perfect to survive and perfection is very hard to obtain (a vegan diet won't work for all places)

(06-20-2009, 10:56 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Vegetarianism? Clearly a hippie fad.

Explain that to the people who have been vegetariants for hundreds of years ;)
I was referring to Adam and Eve. By no means would I ever even entertain the thought of engaging in a vegan diet. Meat and cheese are what I live on.
(06-20-2009, 12:27 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was referring to Adam and Eve. By no means would I ever even entertain the thought of engaging in a vegan diet. Meat and cheese are what I live on.

All people pre-Deluge :)
I think Ven. Anne Emerrich said God gave some people, prior to the Deluge, permission to eat animals. But I perfer going straight with Scripture then trying to reconcile it with private revelations.
(06-20-2009, 02:20 PM)didishroom Wrote: I think Ven. Anne Emerrich said God gave some people, prior to the Deluge, permission to eat animals. But I perfer going straight with Scripture then trying to reconcile it with private revelations.

Well, there is nothing saying it couldn't have been allowed before either, so it isn't set in stone. Perhaps the Deluge was the blanket mankind permission to eat animals because it was necessary.
(06-20-2009, 02:10 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-20-2009, 12:27 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was referring to Adam and Eve. By no means would I ever even entertain the thought of engaging in a vegan diet. Meat and cheese are what I live on.

All people pre-Deluge :)

Vegetarian yes. Vegan no. If Adam was making bread I'm sure he was making cheese.
(06-20-2009, 02:32 PM)didishroom Wrote: Vegetarian yes. Vegan no. If Adam was making bread I'm sure he was making cheese.

How would he be making cheese?

Cheese was original made using the stomachs of animals (it was an accident, the enzymes in the digestive system create "cheese").

Also, why would a perfectly formed human need to use the infant food of other mammals? Milk isn't that natural for cross species use ;)
(06-17-2009, 06:09 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Here is my new blog with its first post on my reasons for being a vegan and for being a naturalist: http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/

Hopefully, it will help people understand one can choose to eat natural foods without being a freak :)

Very interesting, I think as I nibble on the last piece of chicken thigh.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(06-20-2009, 03:25 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-20-2009, 02:32 PM)didishroom Wrote: Vegetarian yes. Vegan no. If Adam was making bread I'm sure he was making cheese.

How would he be making cheese?

Cheese was original made using the stomachs of animals (it was an accident, the enzymes in the digestive system create "cheese").

Also, why would a perfectly formed human need to use the infant food of other mammals? Milk isn't that natural for cross species use ;)

What I want to know is, 'Was he making beer'?  :laughing: