Name this saint!!
Would someone kindly name the saint I am standing next to in this picture?
He is at St. Mary of the Assumption in Forth Worth, Texas.
I thought of St. Benedict, but what's with the chalice?  Also St. Benedict is usually shown with a white beard.
Any help identifying him would be appreciated!
[Image: 3636308888_12b8810803.jpg?v=0]
Definitely St Benedict. The chalice represents the one which shattered, because it was poisoned, when he blessed it. I t also seems from the picture that the chalice is resting on a book which is another common emblem for St Benedict representing his rule.
:doh:
And how many times have I read his life story??  Like 5 at least!!  Can't believe I forgot that part!!

Thank you so much!!!  I just wanted to know so I could pray in front of him, and know who he is.  It's a very pretty statue.

Thanks a million!   :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
That is one impressive statue of St. Benedict.
Are you the dude in the photo?
In one of our fine American seminaries, there is a statue with a removable right arm.  One of the arms is holding a shamrock, when attached the statue is St. Patrick.  The other arm is giving the pontifical blessing, when attached the statue is St. Gregory the Great. 

True story.
In my high school, we had a statue that sometimes was St. Pius X with arms, and sometimes St. Pius X with no arms.

They finally figured out how to build a fence around the courtyard.

>:(
(06-17-2009, 07:49 PM)DrBombay Wrote: In one of our fine American seminaries, there is a statue with a removable right arm.  One of the arms is holding a shamrock, when attached the statue is St. Patrick.  The other arm is giving the pontifical blessing, when attached the statue is St. Gregory the Great. 

True story.

Who gets to pick his identity?
(06-17-2009, 07:52 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 07:49 PM)DrBombay Wrote: In one of our fine American seminaries, there is a statue with a removable right arm.  One of the arms is holding a shamrock, when attached the statue is St. Patrick.  The other arm is giving the pontifical blessing, when attached the statue is St. Gregory the Great. 

True story.

Who gets to pick his identity?

He's usually St. Gregory, except on March 17.....or when the freshmen get up to their hijinx.  Kids.  ::)
(06-17-2009, 03:09 PM)lee_ledbetter Wrote: Would someone kindly name the saint I am standing next to in this picture?
He is at St. Mary of the Assumption in Forth Worth, Texas.
I thought of St. Benedict, but what's with the chalice?  Also St. Benedict is usually shown with a white beard.
Any help identifying him would be appreciated!
[Image: 3636308888_12b8810803.jpg?v=0]

Hey, I've seen you at Mass!