Name this saint!!
(06-17-2009, 03:09 PM)lee_ledbetter Wrote: Would someone kindly name the saint I am standing next to in this picture?
He is at St. Mary of the Assumption in Forth Worth, Texas.
I thought of St. Benedict, but what's with the chalice?  Also St. Benedict is usually shown with a white beard.
Any help identifying him would be appreciated!
[Image: 3636308888_12b8810803.jpg?v=0]

Is that the most awesome crucifix ever made that you are wearing?
(06-18-2009, 07:03 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-18-2009, 04:41 PM)lee_ledbetter Wrote: Not joking at all.  Color photos of me are absolutely forbidden.  One or two exist, due to other people snapping them without my permission.  Everyone photographs better in black and white, don't you think?

I can add colour...but you won't like it.

I take photos in colour, then digitally alter them to be black and white. It helps eliminate negative flash effects for me at least.

Exactly.  And my face is all one colour, so you can't see the white circles around my eyes.  Black and white hides defects in hundreds of ways.
(06-18-2009, 08:13 PM)DrBombay Wrote: What is "colour"?  Is that some coffee flavored liqueur?   ???
Some of us just stubbornly spell everything the British way.  I. e. colour, favourite, etc.  It looks nicer on paper, and since I have a southern accent, you actually end up hearing the "u". 
(06-18-2009, 11:25 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: Is that the most awesome crucifix ever made that you are wearing?

Thanks!  :)  Yes, it is the one with the cute little skull at the bottom.  I think it is called the Crucifix of a Happy Death?