Pregnancy Summer Sweet Tea
(06-30-2009, 11:01 AM)ErinIsNice Wrote:
(06-30-2009, 08:29 AM)elizabee Wrote: I'd like to hear Mrs_Spock's opinion on this.

Why?  She doesn't have any kids  :laughing:

+1 Erin

As for a professional opinion...if your doctor (or nurse)  have no objections, and you enjoy it, go for it.  :P
(06-21-2009, 08:57 AM)ErinIsNice Wrote: Most midwives recommend 2-3 cups a day after the first trimester.  Not only is it good for the uterus, it has calcium and other minerals.  I drink it because you're "supposed to" (and I have very, very late babies, and have never experienced pre-term labor), but I find that it tastes like tea made of dirt.

Ever have Chinese pu-erh tea? Now, that can really taste earthy. I got some really cheap Chinese brick pu-erh before, and although I have a solid stomach and a taste for bitter and earthy flavors, it was just awful. Steeping it, I stunk up the whole room at my grandmother's house with a rancid fishy stench (we were visiting, and I brought along several teas to sample) and the sweet old woman exclaimed: "Are you sure that was aged in a cave? It smells like a rotten crotch!"

The Chinese swear by the health benefits of pu-erh, and I've lately seen it marketed as "Beauty Tea."
I don't know if this applies to all kinds of tea, or just black tea, but I have a trick for keeping it from tasting bitter or becoming cloudy right away after brewing it for iced tea.  Add a pinch of baking soda...or powder...I always get the two confused.  It's the arm and hammer one that comes in the yellow box!  I used that trick after finding it in a sweet tea recipe online.  Works like a charm!  Yum, yum!
(07-06-2009, 08:43 PM)LoveOurLady Wrote: I don't know if this applies to all kinds of tea, or just black tea, but I have a trick for keeping it from tasting bitter or becoming cloudy right away after brewing it for iced tea.  Add a pinch of baking soda...or powder...I always get the two confused.  It's the arm and hammer one that comes in the yellow box!  I used that trick after finding it in a sweet tea recipe online.  Works like a charm!  Yum, yum!

That'd be baking soda. :)