PETITION: In Support of Bsp Williamson, SSPX
The Good Bishop did the interview after first being given a guarantee that only religious matters would be discussed he was lied to he was trapped by enemies of the Church. yes the Good Bishop should of saw a trap when it was one but he is very kind hearted and thought they would keep there word.
pity you seem to only judge him
Why does no one talk about the way this petition calumniates against Bishop Fellay? That's at least one problem I have with it. It pins brother against brother. That is not Catholic, especially when it comes to Bishops of our Lord Jesus Christ. I give my support to Bishop Williamson in any truth he speaks, but this petition serves to do nothing. As to these sorts of matters I'll do my best to wait to Judge Day when all secrets will be exposed.
(06-20-2009, 04:41 PM)MitOS Wrote: Yet another example of Modernism in the form mock justice.  Another show trial by way of campaign rather than reason.  No thank you.

We all have an opinion and this is one that brings out everyone personal view that shapes their judgment more than fact and evidence.  It is more a case of preconceived view rather than the case in question.  If one is critical of the SSPX on other matters this shapes their view on the trouble of Bishop Williamson more than the evidence.  The same goes with the fawning and adoring fans.  As I said before we all have and opinion and there is no salvation outside our opinion (which seems to be the rule of the day).

A real study of events and the issues this raises is the first victim; it is whose team are you on.  Few really read or look at maters with reason and good sense.  Emotion rules.  I like Bishop Williamson so I am against those who find fault in him or I dislike the Bishop therefore he is guilty, I will read the charges later after the sentencing.

Germany has a law and the Bishop may have violated the law.  Right now the justice and wisdom of that law will be an issue but first he has other work to do and the American Idol approach to justice is not helpful.

Start a prayer campaign for Bishop Williamson and I am with you.

I hope the best comes out of all of this and I hope Bishop Williamson is made a better man from the experience.  The same with all, including his accusers.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Fish point for that one. Well done!
Matthew talbot, a fish for you! What you wrote, as a long time "sspx-er", was gold. I (and 99.9% of catholics) wish more people who sympathize with the sspx would have that kind of sense of reality. I pray for the Bishop too, and believe he is a good man, but his censure by Fellay was way overdue. He got away with too much, and needed to be told to pull his head in.
(06-19-2009, 07:28 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: I am an "SSPXer" Who has attended SSPX masses for 18+ years. My children go to SSPX schools. I have family who are SSPX religious. Having said that, I would never sign such a petition. Bishop Williamson Is indeed a Roman Catholic Bishop. As such, he has a responsibility to speak with caution in matters that demand caution. He said an incredibly inappropriate thing.

He is not a marionette. No "Jews, Freemasons, Protestants and other enemies of our One, Holy, Roman, Catholic and  Apostolic Faith " have a ventriloquist's hand up the back of his cassock, causing him to say things he didn't mean to say. I too, pray for him every day, Jovan. My brother in law, Brother Gerard, SSPX, served under him at the Seminaries at both Ridgefield and Winona, at his side every day for 17 years. I know His Excellency personally. And outside of his proclivity to say inappropriate things, I would defend him into eternity. He is a very holy and learned man. Best confessor, hands down, that I have ever been to. Once during a confession, he gave me such heartfelt, practical and deeply personal advice to a great problem I was having, that I left his confessional crying like a baby. He has many attributes and I love him dearly.

But as noted, he did say something highly inappropriate. Bishop Fellay was 100% correct to censure him. A Roman Catholic Bishop must show discretion when necessary, and His Grace did not do this.

(06-22-2009, 04:27 AM)Benno Wrote: Matthew talbot, a fish for you! What you wrote, as a long time "sspx-er", was gold. I (and 99.9% of catholics) wish more people who sympathize with the sspx would have that kind of sense of reality. I pray for the Bishop too, and believe he is a good man, but his censure by Fellay was way overdue. He got away with too much, and needed to be told to pull his head in.

+1 for you both. I too pray for Williamson, but I agree that neither tradition nor truth has always been best served by certain of his remarks, especially on the occasion in question. I believe Fellay did the prudent thing by asking him to keep a term of public silence, and I think that request should stay in force until the SSPX's situation with Rome has been regularized. From what Williamson himself and others close to him have said, I am certain that damage to the cause of Catholic tradition is the last thing Williamson would ever wish or intend. He has humbly accepted the prudential judgment of his superior in this matter, so why make an issue of it with petitions that would and should be ineffective anyway?