Tattoos licit?
because me ma, me Nannie, me grandda had/ or has them. that's why!
and Jesus had em well no not really but the holy shroud could be concedered a neat one.
sip
until i see the Church condemn it then its fine. tats have been around to long. its not the tat that's the issue its what the tat depicts.
(06-20-2009, 08:34 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: because me ma, me Nannie, me grandda had/ or has them. that's why!
and Jesus had em well no not really but the holy shroud could be concedered a neat one.
sip
until i see the Church condemn it then its fine. tats have been around to long. its not the tat that's the issue its what the tat depicts.

And where it depicts it.
They must be OK if DK has them.  I wouldn't argue on that one.

I knew a guy that had his Airborn wings tatooed on his chest.  I always found that rather humorous.
This may be silly, but I recently acquired one.  It's an elongated Maltese Cross with 4 Fleur de Leis on my right shoulder.  I got it to help remind me that I can't and shouldn't try to run away from my crosses.  I need to learn to love my crosses, see the beauty in them since they come from God, and realize they have deep meaning to my spiritual life.  I'm now reminded of the meanings of all 8 points of the cross on a daily basis as well.  It's got some ornamentation but is basically plain.  The Fleur de Leis represent 4 of my patron saints whom I've charged with helping me stay loyal to Holy Mother Church.  No one sees it but me and I'm very happy with the results.  Spiritually I mean.
I have 3 tattoos. I got them all before I had my reversion to the faith. I have one on the small of my back, and was able to get an epidural just fine. No one even said anything to me.
A number of years ago (25 * 30 years ago) I got drunk and had winnie the pooh tattooed on my butt.
(06-21-2009, 03:15 PM)kzarah Wrote: A number of years ago (25 * 30 years ago) I got drunk and had winnie the pooh tattooed on my butt.
Daniel

At least it was something harmless and hidden.
(06-21-2009, 03:16 PM)Rosarium Wrote: At least it was something harmless and hidden.

Who said it was hidden? :laughing:
As far as it being hidden, I will say that it is closer to the crack than it is to the hip.  Too much information?  :laughing:
(06-21-2009, 08:44 PM)kzarah Wrote: As far as it being hidden, I will say that it is closer to the crack than it is to the hip.  Too much information?  :laughing:

Did you pay for that or did someone volunteer to get close to another's rear without suitable compensation?

Brings new meaning to the "Pooh" part of his name....