Name The Most Conservative Jesuit University
(06-18-2009, 11:02 PM)ladyjane Wrote: What university does Fr. Mitch Pacwa teach at?  He's a Jesuit, and very orthodox.  (Or maybe he doesn't teach at the university level any more?)

He is a Senior Fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology.
It's already been said, but 'Jesuit' and 'conservative' do not belong in the same sentence!
Conservative Jesuit=tallest midget..,.not much to brag about anymore.
There's something about this thread that's like...... well, it's like picking on a retarded child. It's not nice to pick on the mentally (or spiritually) disadvantaged.
(06-19-2009, 09:32 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: There's something about this thread that's like...... well, it's like picking on a retarded child. It's not nice to pick on the mentally (or spiritually) disadvantaged.

The disabled do not choose their lot in life.  The Jesuits have campaigned for it.
(06-19-2009, 09:42 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-19-2009, 09:32 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: There's something about this thread that's like...... well, it's like picking on a retarded child. It's not nice to pick on the mentally (or spiritually) disadvantaged.

The disabled do not choose their lot in life.  The Jesuits have campaigned for it.

And Quis says it's not possible to sell one's soul. How about the soul of an Order, seems like the Jesuits have proved the case rather nicely.
Don't paint the Jesuits with a broad brush. There are many good and orthodox priests in that order who have had to endure alot of crap over the past forty years. I take my hat off to those brave men.

(06-18-2009, 08:17 PM)DrBombay Wrote: "Jesuit" and "Catholic" being mutually exclusive terms.  Just sayin'.

I know quite a few Hungarian Jesuits, they are good Catholics. It is true that all are in my age, and were seriously persecuted, which helps to keep the faith.
How about Regis College in Toronto? Anyone know? PeterII?
(06-20-2009, 08:37 AM)BlessedKarl Wrote: Don't paint the Jesuits with a broad brush. There are many good and orthodox priests in that order who have had to endure alot of crap over the past forty years. I take my hat off to those brave men.

True, but how many of their institutions can be called good and orthodox any more?