RSD-Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
(06-23-2009, 01:59 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-23-2009, 01:52 AM)RSD Wrote: I'm talking about people being aware of this so they will have a better understanding of what the victim is going thru, I'm simply talking about the victim gaining adequate support.
Being aware of FSGS doesn't help the victim at all.  What you would be referring to awareness is that to know you could be a potential victim.  The awareness I'm doing is for people to have a better understanding, and thus this would help the victim.
I posted within the topic of this forum.  That doesn't make it a spam.
A lot of people have created blogs, primarily the victims.  That wouldn't raise awareness for RSD as much.
Again, I don't consider this spamming forums as I posted within the topic Health.

Most people who were called a spammer, who were not spamming would be more defensive than that ;)

Ok, I'll play your game (most spammers don't hang around...). Who is the victim in this case? You are raising awareness for whom?

The victim would be the one suffering RSD.  I'm raising awareness to people not suffering from RSD (that would be the majority).
See, I'm not spamming as I hang around and play your game.
:)
(06-23-2009, 07:56 PM)RSD Wrote: The victim would be the one suffering RSD.  I'm raising awareness to people not suffering from RSD (that would be the majority).

So this is for in general...

I said most spammers, not all ;)

And how would people know if another has RSD?
(06-23-2009, 08:54 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-23-2009, 07:56 PM)RSD Wrote: The victim would be the one suffering RSD.  I'm raising awareness to people not suffering from RSD (that would be the majority).

So this is for in general...

I said most spammers, not all ;)

And how would people know if another has RSD?
The victim of the RSD will be informed by his/her doctor.
And so this victim tells his/her family and friends.
Now the family and friends are not familiar with RSD, so they think the victim is only imagining the pain.  That would surely dishearten the victim so much.
But if these family and friends were aware of RSD that the pain is real, then that would provide the victim with adequate support, that's what the victim needs, support and understanding.
(06-23-2009, 10:25 PM)RSD Wrote: The victim of the RSD will be informed by his/her doctor.
And so this victim tells his/her family and friends.
So...the only way we know someone has RSD is if they tell us (or have it is a severe way, I've seen pictures). So essentially, we know of it when we are told, so what is the point of telling us before hand?

Quote:Now the family and friends are not familiar with RSD, so they think the victim is only imagining the pain.  That would surely dishearten the victim so much.
What sort of family and friends would do that? Only a moron would use their ignorance for an assumption there isn't something to learn.

So you are coming here to save us from being insensitive imbeciles if someone we know develops this disorder...

Quote:But if these family and friends were aware of RSD that the pain is real, then that would provide the victim with adequate support, that's what the victim needs, support and understanding.
Well, that was insulting...

(06-23-2009, 11:16 PM)Rosarium Wrote: So...the only way we know someone has RSD is if they tell us (or have it is a severe way, I've seen pictures). So essentially, we know of it when we are told, so what is the point of telling us before hand?
The point being that if a lot of people knew about this disease (I wasn't aware then), they wouldn't be too insensitive to the sufferer.  Just imagine one can't stand being in a shower long as the drops of water are painful.
Quote:What sort of family and friends would do that? Only a moron would use their ignorance for an assumption there isn't something to learn.
Well, that would be the more frequent complaint of the victims, that the people think they're just making it up.  The video I posted above displays the ordeal of a girl from the UK.
She's not getting adequate support from her grandparents who thinks she's exaggerating the pain.  Her friend (she found this friend in her blog who also suffers from RSD) even wrote her grandparents long distance (I think she's from Australia) to explain to them.
Quote:So you are coming here to save us from being insensitive imbeciles if someone we know develops this disorder...
Well, if you put it that way, yes.