Seeking God
(06-24-2009, 01:04 PM)Antonius Block Wrote: I've recently entered RCIA and am hoping to be received into the Church next Easter. This process is all very difficult for me: it's not easy for an atheist/materialist to become a Catholic! I'm struggling a lot with faith and belief in God and also with turning away from sin. But, I really do think I'm being called to Christ and to the Church, and I'm trying to follow that call.

Please pray for me on this journey.

Antonius,

I tell you now with absolute certainty that you can and will conquer the devil if you allow God to assist you. My flesh is as weak as any, but, by relying upon God for the strength that I lack, He has given me a power over the calling of the world that is impossible to obtain by any worldy means. Every day that I allow God to protect me with His grace is living proof of His existence and love for me. This is the "proof" that no athiest will ever see.

God be with you!
Wow! Again, I thank all of you for your prayers and words of advice and support. I am very encouraged by all of you. Soon I'll try to post on the "Hellos, goodbyes, etc." message board and introduce myself more properly.

Deo gratias ago propter vos omnis!
Lots of prayers for you, in thanksgiving for the graces bestowed on you during this time of learning and conversion, and for the protection of Our Lady and of the Sacred Heart for the seeds that have been planted. :) I can tell you from personal experience that if you continually beg God to give you a firm faith, and love for Him and His Blessed Mother, He will.  :pray2:
(06-24-2009, 01:04 PM)Antonius Block Wrote: I've recently entered RCIA and am hoping to be received into the Church next Easter. This process is all very difficult for me: it's not easy for an atheist/materialist to become a Catholic! I'm struggling a lot with faith and belief in God and also with turning away from sin. But, I really do think I'm being called to Christ and to the Church, and I'm trying to follow that call.

Please pray for me on this journey.

praying for your journey...