Relax
What are some things that you folks do to relax?  When you're tired or drained, what are some things that you like to do?  I ask because I don't want to spend that time watching shows or otherwise engaging in frivolous activity when I could be doing something that isn't constantly and directly attacking one's closeness to God.
(06-25-2009, 12:35 PM)JonW Wrote: What are some things that you folks do to relax?  When you're tired or drained, what are some things that you like to do? 

Sleep.

To positively stimulate the body to relieve stress, I read, write and learn. I also am in the process of construction a language, which I hope will overcome the flaws of Esperanto and its derivatives.
It depends on why I need to relax. Sometimes I'll go and nap in my room. Listening to music helps as does drawing for me and indulging in some comfort food. If it's the evening or late afternoon I may take a shower even if I'm already clean.
Mentally drained -  Exercise.

Physically drained - grab a beer, or glass of wine, and listen to music.  Sometimes, I even manage to drink the beer or wine.
Target shooting, reading, listening to classical music
(06-25-2009, 07:21 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Target shooting, reading, listening to classical music

Now that you mention it, Rachmaninoff is very relaxing (I only listen to him playing), also Persian Ghazal (although I listen to Urdu ghazal, it is heavily Persianised)
(06-25-2009, 12:45 PM)Texican Wrote: Physically drained - grab a beer, or glass of wine, and listen to music.  Sometimes, I even manage to drink the beer or wine.

So you're the other guy that leaves 1/2 full bottles around.  I drink so slowly that it kinda gets on UD's nerves.  I know a fast drinker and a straight shot, what could be worse?

As for the OP, I will have a beer or glass of wine, lie out at the pool, soak in a bath,

And I don't want to sound like one of those lamers that talks about carrying their Rosary into battle but I might do some praying (usually just a few Our Fathers) if I'm just lying in the couch or bed.  It depends on what I'm relaxing from. 

The exercise bit above is a great idea, but I rarely do it unless riding my bike counts, which I had been doing a lot of on trails, and at the skate park.  Some folks like to ride on the road....that's not for me really.  I need the chance of falling off my bike and getting hurt if I'm really going to relax ;D
(06-26-2009, 09:40 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: So you're the other guy that leaves 1/2 full bottles around.  I drink so slowly that it kinda gets on UD's nerves.  I know a fast drinker and a straight shot, what could be worse?

Sort of...  If I pour it in a glass, it'll last me forever, but if it's in a bottle, it tends to go much faster - especially if I'm grilling. ;D
Boxing - bag work or shadow boxing.  Lifting weights too.
When mentally drained, I'll lift weights, and beat up/ stab/ shoot B.O.B.  If I'm not too far from the range, I'll go shoot, but it depends on the range, and range master- I don't like to just punch holes in targets...  that whole "train like you fight, fight like you train" thing.

If I'm too far from the range, it's running through the house with AirSoft, followed by running around the house with a Hoover.