4 lettuce leaves
1 large plum tomato, sliced
4 thin slices red onion

Garlic pesto Mayo:
1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared pesto
1 clove garlic, minced

Preparation:

In bowl, mix juice, oil, mustard, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and thyme. Add chicken; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Garlic Pesto Mayo: In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and garlic; set aside.

Remove chicken from marinade; sprinkle with salt. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Toast cut side of buns on grill. Spread with mayo; layer with lettuce, tomato, onion and chicken; sandwich with bun top.

Doh!  I mis-read...  I thought it said Canada Dry.

Anyway, is this like a big celebration, Canada Day?  I ask, as the typical ignorant American
It is the day of Confederation, our national day. The BNA Act (British North America Act) was signed in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island(oddly enough, that province didn't become a part of Canada until 1873) and came into effect on July 1, 1867. It was decided that July 1st would be Dominion Day, now called Canada Day. It is a day of rejoicing and beer. :chleader:
Oh Canada....
;)
(06-29-2009, 06:25 PM)OKinyobe Wrote: It is the day of Confederation, our national day. The BNA Act (British North America Act) was signed in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island(oddly enough, that province didn't become a part of Canada until 1873) and came into effect on July 1, 1867. It was decided that July 1st would be Dominion Day, now called Canada Day. It is a day of rejoicing and beer. :chleader:

Beer?  Why didn't you say so?  Happy Canaday Day!  :cheers:
Shouldn't you be having Moose, eh?

Or loon, or Canada Geese, eh?

:pointlaff:
Moose, loon, and geese, just don't have that ring to them, though.
Aahh, yes, beer..... ;D
If anyone has any moose recipes, you're welcome to post some.
Maybe some cookie recipes? I have a Canadian recipe book from 1873. Interesting recipes but hardly health-conscious.
Hmmm...  Moose recipe;

Beer, preferably an ale
Moose steaks, several, cut thick
salt and pepper, to taste
place on hot grill.
cook to desired doneness, while enjoying said beer.
let steaks rest for a few minutes, while you get another beer.

Enjoy!
Elk is pretty good too! Whats everybodies big day plans? Ill be taking my kids downtown, then off to watch the fireworks