Mexican/Spanish Rice
(07-02-2009, 06:13 PM)calicatholic Wrote: At the risk of sounding non-authentic, though my wife and I are foodies and usually make a lot of dishes from scratch, we actually like the "Near East" version of Spanish Rice you can buy in a box.  It's a little spicy, and easy!  See if your grocery store carries it.  If not, buy it from Amazon =)

Calicatholic

Modernist

;D
(07-02-2009, 06:17 PM)Texican Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 06:13 PM)calicatholic Wrote: At the risk of sounding non-authentic, though my wife and I are foodies and usually make a lot of dishes from scratch, we actually like the "Near East" version of Spanish Rice you can buy in a box.  It's a little spicy, and easy!  See if your grocery store carries it.  If not, buy it from Amazon =)

Calicatholic

Modernist

;D

Not right, that's just not right. 

Texans, I tell ya, they call Dr. Pepper "Coke", and then everything goes to pot. :)

I'm still saying it's tasty, judge me as you will =)
(07-02-2009, 06:23 PM)calicatholic Wrote: Texans, I tell ya, they call Dr. Pepper "Coke", and then everything goes to pot. :)

*gasp*  That's heresy!
(07-02-2009, 08:57 AM)Magnificat Wrote: You guys should try Cuban rice.  There's beer in it.

it's the only way to make arroz con pollo...that and the saffron is what gives it the flavor.

a couple of bottles of either the king of, or the champagne of beers does it.... no need to be fancy.
(07-02-2009, 01:38 PM)Paloma Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 12:08 PM)Texican Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:recommend a good Mexican restaurant, 75% of them will say "there isn't one,"

Too true- I haven't found one, yet.

and my abuelita's rice is better than your abuelita's rice, too!

Aye muy ch***on.   :P

We need a FE rice-off.

oh heck yeah.

all the judges have to be bearded.
i gots a beard!  I'm all set- when is it?    :eats:
(07-02-2009, 11:19 PM)Texican Wrote: i gots a beard!  I'm all set- when is it?    :eats:

dunno -

you have to ask Paloma.

;D
(07-02-2009, 11:23 PM)libby Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 11:19 PM)Texican Wrote: i gots a beard!  I'm all set- when is it?    :eats:

dunno -

you have to ask Paloma.

;D

It appears that both competitors will have facial hair as well.
She's only got a 'stache, I have a beard, too!
I'll wax my 'stache for the occasion!

We can have it at my house.  Whenever you want.  I have an indoor and outdoor kitchen.  Just call me before you show up, so I can break out the Cazadores and round up my ferocious wiener dog.

And my grandma just lives two houses down so be prepared to be dazzled by our rice.  *jazz hands*