Society of the Virgin Mary
Does anyone know anything about the Society of the Virgin Mary, a group of traditionalist priests?  Here is a link to their website:

http://svmpriests.us/index.htm

I tried to do a search but didn't really come up with anything on FishEaters about this group.

edit for spelling
Thuc line priests....nuff' said...
The last thread that mentioned him got locked. Careful.......
(07-01-2009, 10:16 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Thuc line priests....nuff' said...

Actually if you look at their website you'll see they pray for the Holy Father in every Mass....so, not 'nuff said

Interesting to look into.

Their homepage is refreshing to read

" The Society of the Virgin Mary needs prove nothing to anyone. Our superior general possesses De Costa and Thuc Lines and has been declared a valid bishop by authorities in Rome.  If you are able to evaluate the validity of consecrations and ordinations and have a problem with the consecration or ordination of any priest or bishop of the Society, please, stay away from their churches and do not involve yourselves in their ministry. Traditional Roman Catholics should be working and praying to end the divisions within the church seeking the unity as our Lord willed."

and

Pray for His Holiness,

Pope Benedict XVI

Prayers for the Holy Father
(may be said after the Rosary)

V. Let us pray for our Pontiff, Pope Benedict.
    R. The Lord preserve him, and give him eternal life, and make him to be blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies (Roman Breviary).
    Our Father. Hail Mary.

(From the old Raccolta: A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, when this prayer has been devoutly said every day for a month (S.C. Ind., Nov. 26, 1876; S. P. Ap., Oct 12, 1931).                                           

Let us pray.

Almighty and everlasting God, have mercy upon Thy servant, Benedict, our Supreme Pontiff, and direct him, according to Thy loving-kindness, in the way of eternal salvation; that, of thy gift, he may ever desire that which is pleasing unto thee and may accomplish it with all his might. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen (Roman Ritual).

(From the old Raccolta: An indulgence of three years, a plenary indulgence once a month on the usual conditions, for the daily devout recitation of this prayer. S. P. Ap., March 10, 1935)

His Holiness, the Pope,  is mentioned in every Mass prayed by a Society of the Virgin Mary Priest.
Bishop Taylor,

So what am I up to now 10? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(07-01-2009, 10:23 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 10:16 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Thuc line priests....nuff' said...

Actually if you look at their website you'll see they pray for the Holy Father in every Mass....so, not 'nuff said

Interesting to look into.

Their homepage is refreshing to read

" The Society of the Virgin Mary needs prove nothing to anyone. Our superior general possesses De Costa and Thuc Lines and has been declared a valid bishop by authorities in Rome.  If you are able to evaluate the validity of consecrations and ordinations and have a problem with the consecration or ordination of any priest or bishop of the Society, please, stay away from their churches and do not involve yourselves in their ministry. Traditional Roman Catholics should be working and praying to end the divisions within the church seeking the unity as our Lord willed."

and

Pray for His Holiness,

Pope Benedict XVI

Prayers for the Holy Father
(may be said after the Rosary)

V. Let us pray for our Pontiff, Pope Benedict.
    R. The Lord preserve him, and give him eternal life, and make him to be blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies (Roman Breviary).
    Our Father. Hail Mary.

(From the old Raccolta: A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, when this prayer has been devoutly said every day for a month (S.C. Ind., Nov. 26, 1876; S. P. Ap., Oct 12, 1931).                                           

Let us pray.

Almighty and everlasting God, have mercy upon Thy servant, Benedict, our Supreme Pontiff, and direct him, according to Thy loving-kindness, in the way of eternal salvation; that, of thy gift, he may ever desire that which is pleasing unto thee and may accomplish it with all his might. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen (Roman Ritual).

(From the old Raccolta: An indulgence of three years, a plenary indulgence once a month on the usual conditions, for the daily devout recitation of this prayer. S. P. Ap., March 10, 1935)

His Holiness, the Pope,  is mentioned in every Mass prayed by a Society of the Virgin Mary Priest.

How many times have their "bishops" been consecrated? why the need for an individual "bishop" to have themselves "reconsecrated?"
I don't know the particulars...and don't really care.

The group looks interesting to me.  A non-sedevacantist Thuc group.

If you know all about their operation please enlighten, that's the point of the thread.
(07-01-2009, 12:06 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I don't know the particulars...and don't really care.

If you know all about their operation please enlighten, that's the point of the thread.

I agree that they have a nice looking and interesting website, but this is not enough to reccomend a religious order. Anyone can make a website that looks good.

I have spoken to their "Bishop" a gentleman by the name of Patrick Taylor, in the past. He has been "consecrated"  twice and so has another man he "consecrated" a "Bishop." That, in and of itself, would make their ministry of a dubious nature.
(07-01-2009, 12:22 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 12:06 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I don't know the particulars...and don't really care.

I have spoken to their "Bishop" a gentleman by the name of Patrick Taylor, in the past. He has been "consecrated"  twice and so has another man he "consecrated" a "Bishop." That, in and of itself, would make their ministry of a dubious nature.

Actually, following the logic out of the SSPX in their conditional ordaining and all that, it does not make it dubious.  If anything it makes it more likely that he was properly consecrated.
(07-01-2009, 12:29 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 12:22 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote:

Actually, following the logic out of the SSPX in their conditional ordaining and all that, it does not make it dubious.   If anything it makes it more likely that he was properly consecrated.

That logic might hold up if one were consecrated in an ultramodernist ceremony (which is the reason that the SSPX reordains). But we are not speaking of that.  We are speaking of reconsecrating, not reordaining. We are speaking of two men who were supposedly "consecrated" by Traditional Bishops, if they had valid lines of consecration themselves, and used proper matter, form, and intention, then there would be no need to reconsecrate.

Being consecrated a bishop is not like working out at the health Club. It does not increase it's power the more ya' do it.

I also was told by a priest who knows the group well that they have ordained in the past a man who had 18 months of seminary training  :laughing:

If this is the type of group one would entrust their souls care to, I would seriously doubt your level of common sense.